Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lotus Vietnamese Cuisine

Looks like Pho Mimi went to go wee wee for good. It wasn't great but it was convenient for Super H shoppers. It was never crowded though... That's probably a sign. I thought their food was acceptable if you needed a quick fix. But I never really went back. So, Lotus has taken over with new owners and retained some of the staff. Especially, the flamboyant server I remembered from Mimi, whom I got again. Totally, awesome. Ok, Vern Yip, let's get some shit packed up in this piece...

(Cha Gio)

Crispy, fresh and piping hot. The filler was passable. I'm always a sucker for these things and I usually get fucked but this was not bad. Wrapped tightly and fried nicely.


(Fried Fishballs)

Standard old frozen balls and deep fried... Barely. Needs to be coated to give it that crunchy bite to it. Sounded better on paper than in my mouth.


(Banh Hoi w/ Grilled Pork for DIY Rice Wrapper Thingy)

Giant platter of bun, meat and what not... For the DIY rice wraps. This is a hefty portion for a relatively cheap price tag. It's fun, too, to make it yourself but I'm Royalty so I usually ask the chick at the table to do it for me. Score!


(Mr. Hanky's cousin)

The broad was too busy eating, so I had to roll my own. Damn. But here it is, his name is Lemmiwinks. He was dericious going in... When will he find his way out is another story.


(Pho Dac Biet)

The first thing I noticed about this bowl of pho was that it was HOT. It seems every bowl I have had in this town were barely tepid. And that sucks because once you do all the work in putting in the garnishes, the broth was too cool to steep the cold ingredients. The pho comes in 2 sizes, regular and large. Since, I'm on a diet in my world, I was hoping for a small bowl. Oh, well, guess I'll have to splurge on the regular size... And it was more than enough for 2 people. The broth was average but they give you a generous portion of meat to noodle ratio. They also included Vietnamese meatballs with this pho. Nice. It was a pleasant bowl... But it's lacking that little something to make me come back for it.

Service is friendly and relaxed. They take good care of you and are attentive. Owner is a nice dude. I would steer peeps over their way just because of that. Their menu has a few interesting items and the Vietnamese crepes is on my list if I ever make it back around there again.

1 Star.

2550 Pleasant Hill Rd.
Suite 408
Duluth, GA 30096
770-622-9693

No comments: