Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Craft

MARKET ain't got nuthin' on Craft...

Two words: Fwee Valet.

Celebrity chefs never impress me and their food even less. Their focus is on conquering as many locations as possible... AKA selling out. Hero worship has been at an all time high with this new-fangled widget called television and Top Chef is the Bible. Their followers are like ravenous zombie dogs that would eat shit on a shingle and declare it the best thing in their pieholes since the foie gras milkshake.

Our group of savvy snackers ventured out on the opening night to see what the fuss was all about and see how Tom Colicchio measured up... I say about 3 apples high. Family style group dining is totally the way to go. You can order basically everything on the menu to sample. Hell, my plate looked like Jackson Pollock's #1 with 6 different apps, mains and sides... This could very well be Craft's shit on a shingle. Let me tell you what, it was better than a liver smoothie which made me do a #2.

Some highlights include...
Pork Belly- Like a warm stick of butta that melts down your throat... Tila Tequila would approve. Yum.

Beet Salad- This is one smear I have no problem putting in my mouth. Slurp.

Braised Short Ribs- Fork you! And I sure did... Fork tender and rich in flavor. Mmm.

Prosciutto Wrapped Monkfish- This is my kinda surf and turf. Ain't no poor man's lobster around here... Not at that price!

Tortellini- Not overly rich or heavy. Just the perfect balance of bite vs sauce.

Shroom Risotto- My low carb diet went outta the winda, didn't even have to think twice.

The gratin, fingerlings, gnocchi, parsnips, sprouts, swordfish, cod, scallops, peppers, cabbage, spinach and peekytoe "poquito" crab were all well prepared and seasoned. The only thing that annoyed me was the over use of chives sprinkled on most of the dishes. The duck looked great but a tad bit overcooked but it doesn't mean it ain't going in my pouch! The musical desserts were as comical as finding "Chef" during service.

The place is gorgeous and not cookie cutter like all the other trendy joints with craptastic food around town. This place means business and the warm wood accents all around got me more excited than Pinocchio telling a lie. You don't have to be a venture capitalist to afford to eat here... Well, mebbe just a lil Financier.

This may put Atlanta one step closer to becoming a true culinary destination.

To be continued...

BURP!

3376 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
(404) 995-7500

No comments: