Thursday, October 23, 2008

V1 BBQ & Cafe

Gastro's marsupial pouch has a life of it's own... Kinda like Kuato. I open my mind to him and he shows me my future place of sustenance... So I got my ass to the Mars of Duluth.

This brand spanking new half occupied strip mall had two hidden gems, Taipei and this joint, but like a fugazi, Taipei turned out to be a fake and got rubbed out. V1 shined on with their outstanding Chinese BBQ... Roast Pork, Char Siu, Roast Duck and Soy Sauce Chicken.

Gastro loves Ming's BBQ and HK BBQ... But bite after bite non-stop of their BBQ, I must say we have a new winnah, this shit is G O O D. The roast pork was super cripsy, thin layer of fat and tender pork... It was perfect. The soy sauce chicken was properly marinated and it shows through on the color and flavor with each chomp. The char siu couldn't get any better with the perfect balance of sweetness and tenderness.

The BBQ is the main attraction here but the rest of the menu ain't no side show either. There are some real winners like Beef chowfun, Hainanese chix, Sambal squid, Curry or Tom Yum chicken, Hokkien fwied noodles, Mee goreng and Curry Laksa noodle soup.

Someone stop me before I explode... There's always tomorrow.

V103 might be "The People's Station" but V1 BBQ has the true "Asian Persuasion".

BURP!

3940 Buford Highway
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 623-1136

No comments: