Thursday, October 30, 2008

Alex's Pan Asian Cuisine

Pan Asian cuisine is a mockery to the modern free world... It is the mud baby of Asian grubbery or just plainly crap in a wok. A mish mash of flavors struggling to be recognized... And you thought you can tell the difference between Asians? Prepare your taste buds for a firework show of mediocrity... It is Norcross afterall.

This former Frontera location is dimly lit and looks like a dusty old saloon in the dayz of yore... Nothing inside has changed except the food (if you can see it in the dark). Mebbe when Obama gets into office he will re-distribute the cuisines back to their respective cultures.

Their claim is "Chinese-Japanese-Thai-Steak-Seafood-Sushi and Fun"... The only thing missing is taste. Try saying all that in one breath, I can't. I'm feeling light-headed, someone open a window quick! Just looking through the menu is painful... Asparagus with Twin Nuts, Chinese Sausage Salad, Shrimp MoonPie, Bangkok Shrimp and Pad Prik. I don't know about you but I don't want my kok Bang'd or Prik'd.

Spicy Flat Noodles - Ok, how bad could that be? It's got shrimp, chicken and beef... And spicy noodles. Yum right? Yeah, like scooping a pail in a river of raw sewage. Noodles so overcooked that it turned to mush, Slimer wouldn't eat it. The shrimp, chix and beef while plentiful were lackluster and devoid of any seasoning except the pile of chili paste mixed in after the fact. I spied a couple jalapenos in there... I was wondering where my side of sour cream and guacamole were.

This joint is as dead as the strip mall it's located in... And the food might as well be too. I had better Oriental chow at the food court at Greenbriar Mall, it's a good sign when there's chicken bones on the curb. There is nothing appealing to the sense here... Because everyone knows that we eat with our eyes first. And my eyes are starting to rain.

Meh.

3466 Holcomb Bridge Rd
Ste AA
Norcross, GA 30092
(770) 209-7889

No comments: