Friday, October 24, 2008

The BookHouse Pub









I'm guessing this joint isn't named after the busty chick with the tight sweater in the corner table but rather Twin Peaks' secret hush hush society of vigilantes. I don't know what the puppy smuggler ordered but I'll have what the guys are having... Because this place is full of wood. Literally and Literary.

The MJQ boys did a great job with the all wood theme and I got really excited when I first walked in... No pun intended. But I think they could use a few more books with a name like The BookHouse. The place ain't big by any means but it'll keep the rowdy trolls to a minimum. The outside back patio is spacious like the Mines of Moria and woulda been gweat if summer had just started.

The drink menu is good for a place this size but the impressive food menu has more dishes than tables which is must try on my next visit. It's a great place to grab a dwink and/or bite to eat whether you are hand solo or with fwends. The bartender is friendly but is scared easily like a frightened Monchhichi when there's multiple drink orders. He quickly scurries out for a quick breather on a cancer stick and re-emerges a new and more confident Hobbit. Slinging out dwinks like a veteran crack dealer on Boulevard.

Now, stop reading my ridiculous drunken review and ride your unicorn there! The word is out... Like a gay midget coming out of the cabinet.

736 Ponce DeLeon Ave
Atlanta, GA 30306
(404) 254-1176

No comments: