Monday, August 29, 2016

Rathbun Steak

I had not been back here in awhile, so it was time to check in again and see how they're doing. I don't think I need to tell my one reader that KR delivers the goods on a daily basis across his restos... They have been consistently good. So, why don't I come more often then? Because I would be 300 pounds heavier in my ass and 300 dollars lighter in my wallet. You don't order a friggin' salad when you come here, just don't fucking do it, I will 'pretend healthy eating' shame you... When you come here, you're boozing top shelf cocktails and slaying fatty juicy cuts of manmeat like the pouch... If you're lucky, you may even slay a lonely recently divorced hooker at the bar. Ok, less moving my mouth with cheap talk and more moving my mouth with manmeat.
The place still packs them in, the bar was full to the brim (oh, there's a lot of lonely cougars with decent boob jobs at the bar on this night, grrrr), the dining room was jamming and the kitchen was pumping. It's a good sign for things to come and go into the pouch. Let's go eat already for fuck sake... All this talking doesn't fill up the pouch.

Hudson Valley Foie Gras. If you're gonna eat like shit for one night, do it with style... The foie gras was ultra buttery and melted in my piehole like chocolate in the summer heat. It's just a great starter dish to prepare your mouth for some incredible juicy manmeat.

Ribeye. Look at that beast... Pre-sliced and ready to be fed. The temp was spot on mid rare, perfect. Did y'all expect any less from this joint... So damn tender and full of flavor. This shit ain't healthy but it's a pretty amazing piece of meat when executed correctly.

Broiled Maine Lobster Tail. If you're gonna do it up at a joint like this, you might as well go all the way with an overpriced lobster tail. They do it right with the tail and the clarified butter... Shit was dericious with the ribeye.

Smoked Tomato Risotto, Grana Padano, Basil. Gotta have some side dishes to get even fatter... Am I right or am I right. This was nice little dish, a bit smokey and tasted great, wasn't mushy, overcooked or liquidity... It was just right.

Elbow Mac & Cheese. Pretty much a classic mac and cheez with a lot of gooey buttery cheese. This is very good for your ass and your heart. I can only imagine how many orders of this they go through per night... Yeah, it's that tasty.

Also, had the lobster fritters, smokey braised greens and charred jalapeno creamed corn but didn't have a chance to take their mugshots because the grubby fat fingaz at the table destroyed them before I had a chance to. Use your imagination... They were that good.

Steak still got it and has what it takes to be one of the best steakhouses in this town... And I don't see them getting complacent about their success any time soon. 
Are y'all happy now? I finally broke my streak of visiting low rent chain restos because someone had to do it... One pouch can only eat so much of that slop. But who knows, another one of those special ed reviews may pop up again in the near future. I can't eat at upscale restos all the time, besides, crappy restos are more fun to write about... Surprises is what the pouch is all about and you motherfuckers will read it and like it.  

154 Krog St
Atlanta, GA 30307

http://www.kevinrathbunsteak.com

5 comments:

Pinky said...

Please keep reviewing the shitholes. I luv them.

typingperson said...

Thank you, Pouch! But now I am hungry and jelly, salivating over all this dericious fancy grub...

Also, "I will 'pretend healthy eating' shame you"---hahaha!

typingperson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
typingperson said...

Sorry re doubleposting. Don't know why it's doing that.

typingperson said...

Sorry re doubleposting. Don't know why it's doing that.