Monday, August 29, 2016

1 Kept

If I wanted a party in my mouth, I would come here... And I did. My mouth was full of comings and goings. This joint has always been one of my favorites, hidden on the backside of a building that no one really pays attention to because of the newish Hawks player's DS17 lounge that blocks the driveway for hours on end. That lounge will last... Sure, ok. But let's get back to 1Kept, I love this place, it has a great vibe and menu... They keep the dishes pretty simple and straight forward but with good flavors that makes them stand out even more. I haven't had a bad dish here. I like the crowd, too... It's so close to Buckhead proper but you don't get the proper Buckhead toolbags in here. Ok, maybe one or four but at least these brodudes don't high five and chest bump each other after every shot of red headed slut they do... I can't speak for the one sitting at the end of the bar, poor girl.
Ok, on this night, it was truly a party and the amount of vittles had was obscene... I'm not even gonna go on and on about each dish... Just feast your eyeballs on this. My bowels are already scared for the onslaught of grub that will be inhaled fast and furious...

Hogs of War.

Wild Mushroom Flatbread.

Fennel Pork Meatballs.

Tuna Poke.

Fried Okra.

Potato & Herb Gnocchi.

18 Hr Pork Ravioli.

SC Seafood Hot Pot.

Day Boat Scallops.


Steak Frites.

Bone-In Pork Chop.

Dessert Thing #1.

Dessert Thing #2.

Dessert Thing #3.

Did I just eat the whole entire fucking menu? My bloated pouch is evidence of the crime... This is why the pouch is dangerous in scenes like this. It just can't stop or say no until the kitchen runs outta food. Once again, they did not disappoint... Every dish was executed spot on and seasoned well... Ok, maybe one or two dishes were a bit over-seasoned but getting another cocktail to wash it down was all good with me.

Burp.

2293 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
http://www.1kept.com/


No comments: