Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Crab Shack

This National Lampoon's style crab house is like the Walley World of Tybee Island... While the island isn't really a destination resort town, somehow this dump has become a destination on it's own. Scores of people from around the world (some were hard to tell if they were even from this planet) make their way here for all sorts of crustaceans served year round. I have been here a couple times and it was pretty good, so it's time to make another stop since I was in the general area.
This place is like a sideshow... Wait, this is a sideshow. There's an alligator pond thinger attraction, a bird house room, a section 8 projects for stray cats and of course the sideshow's main attraction which is the seafood. I like this place because it's basically a dump... But the shellfish here is pretty decent, too.

I love this gaudy shit. There's a giant crocodile next to it, too.

Lots of goodies to be had but only one really matters... The sampler platter!

Captain Crab's Sampler Platter... Arrrrrrgh! This is one buff platter for about $24. There was a lot going on up in this piece... Shrimp, snow crab, Jonah crab, crawfish, mussels, corn, taters and sausage. Once this platter arrives, so does the fucking cats that hang around here. They are nasty filthy little creastures... Trying to rub up against you for some crabs. Shit, don't touch me, you'll give me crabs, you smelly little fucker. Once you kick them in the face, they go begging at the next table, so you can enjoy your feast. This was good overall. This single platter was big enough to feed two people... But I'm gonna give you to the count of ten, to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my sampler platter, before I pump your guts full o' lead!

Shrimp & Shack Stew Lunch Special. The sampler platter was good and filling but I needed an extra snack so I wanted to see the what the fuss was about on their seafood stew... Which is a cream based stew with blue crab meat. I was really tempted by their Brunswick stew but since this ain't a BBQ joint, I had to stick with the shack stew. The stew was thick, real thick, but it did have a good bit of crab meat in there. This bowl of stew is definitely not gluten free with all that flour thickener. The peel and eat shrimp was good as can be.

Where the fuck is the clock? I couldn't hear it... Oh, wait, it's a gator not a croc. This cesspool only contained a handful of small gators... They are so fucking lazy, just slept the entire time I was staring at them. No peanuts for you!

Loud and annoying, the birds are... What the fuck is this? Why is friggin Yoda in here? This is a most incredible find. Yoda has safely escaped the Dagobah System and now is the caretaker of this bird room. I hope he finally finds the peace he's been looking for after all these centuries. Ironically, the bird room is near the stray cat motel that they built from old carpet and plywood, it even has lights inside it... What a fucking life those cats have. LOL = Lap of Luxury... They get to eat surf & turf everyday.

This place is so cheesy but I really like it. The food is pretty good and I would stop by again if I was down this way in the future.

40 Estill Hammock Rd, 
Tybee Island, GA 31328 
912-786-9857
http://www.thecrabshack.com/

No comments: