Monday, October 14, 2013

Sufi's Revisit

Haven't been back in a bit. Maybe it's time to see if they are still up to snuff on the very acceptable Persian food that I have had in the past visits. This place should be on my rotation list since it's pissing distance from my dump.

Sabzi standard starter of radishes, fresh herbs, feta, walnuts, olives and butter. Looks like my mise en place for pho accoutrements. Maybe they have a Persian ramen on the menu now?

Mirza Ghasemi - Smoked roasted eggplant with cooked tomatoes and garlic. Not visually appetizing but imagine you're blind, poor and at a soup kitchen, shit tastes like gold... Ok, maybe I'm taking it a little too far, on the tastes like gold shit. But still a tasty dish.

Lamb Kabob. Delicious chunks of juicy lamb on a stick. So good and flavorful, not gamey at all. One of my favorites here, look at that girth.

Salmon Kabob. Any type of fish in kabob form is silly to me... Unless they're fish balls. Fish is just not a great substance to be poked with a stick (well, that depends on what kinda fish I want to poke with my shaft)... They fall apart too easily. Salmon is also a fish I do not order often when I go out to eat. It's like the easiest fish to cook. But the salmon was tender, moist and smoky. The rice of course is always tasty and a favorite.

Fesenjoon - Slow cooked grated walnuts, pomegranate juice and pomegranate molasses with chicken breast, served with fluffy saffron basmati rice. Well, this is one dish that they got it down pat. It's consistent and good. It's just good comfort grub and great for a hangover... Which I'm often.

This place is still on my radar. They are clean, fast, consistent and overall a solid choice for intown Persian grubbage.


1814 Peachtree St NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 888-9699
http://sufisatlanta.com/

No comments: