Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Paradise Biryani Pointe

Curiosity almost killed this cat. Walked by this place and looked inside. It seemed like a very sanitized casual quick serve college spot. There were people in there but I also saw a handful of table full of dirty dishes and crap all over the tables. I'm sure they will get to it in short order. So, I go in and see what's up with this joint. Pretty much standard Indian fare. Their self claim to fame here is the biryani... They say that they cook the rice ahead of time with the meats or veggies so that the flavors would be "bursting with authentic flavors". Whatever, I don't want your day old left over rice, just another lip service to Jedi mind trick you into thinking it's authentic. So, y'all know that I have to get the biryani now to see for myself if their hokey religion is true.
Ordered, sat down at a table that was semi clean. Waited for food to arrive all the while staring at not one but nine dirty uncleared tables! The staff would just stare at the mess and walk away. WHAT DA FUCK. Nothing worse than sitting next to filthy disgusting tables with scraps of food all over it while the staff ignored it. I had to resort to tidying up those nasty tables for them. If they are this filthy in the dining room one can only imagine the kitchen cleaning habits. Now, I'm skeered! 

Veg Samosa. These weren't bad, crispy and stuffed with vegan chunks of whatever vegans eat. Tamarind chutney and mint cilantro jizzeries were pretty much bland and useless.

Biryani w/ Boneless Chicken. Does anyone see cheekan in there? No? That's because all the chickan was at the bottom... So much for their claim that they cook the chicken in with the rice to give it that extra flavor. Too bad the chicken was totally flavorless and dry, a can of Chicken of the Sea has more chicken flavor. Shit was scooped and dumped at the bottom of the bowl and topped off with barely warm 2 day old basmati rice. Tell-tale sign: hard dry bits of rice. It was nice that they give you a hard boiled egg (unsliced) but the full slice of red onion threw me off... I was looking for a biryani burger somewhere in there. Cuz you know how much they love hamburgers in India.

Goat Curry. What waste barrel did they scoop this gruel out of? The Toxic Avenger wouldn't eat this slop. If I poured this slop into a toilet, no one would notice the difference. It was all oil with a handful of oil logged onion bits and tough chewy boney goat with barely any meat on it. The half hand torn naan was old and dried out, it was like eating a double layer of soiled cardboard that a bum have been sleeping on for a week. Awful. I just spent like $13 for a couple of ladles of 2 day old room temperature rice. 

If this is paradise, someone kill me before the food does. I thought Naanstop was bad but this place takes the #1 spot for quick service garbage Indian noshery. The place is filthy and the staff could careless about their image or their restaurant. The food was worse than a grade school cafeteria... I take that back, that would be insulting to the grade school cafeteria.


1540 Avenue Place
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 228-8382
http://www.gabiryani.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the owner of the business , things have changed ...I promise you please stop by and try again