Tuesday, October 1, 2013

North Highland Pub

I haven't eaten here for a hot minute, so it was about time to make a revisit. I was always amazed by the length of this menu in such a tiny place. When I see such a huge menu in a tiny pub, it's usually suspect... Because there is no way they can prep and make all that food fresh daily. Well, it's time to nut up or shut up. Wish the pouch luck!

Wings. Decent size wings and fried extra crispy. They were pretty good. I always get the sauce on the side just in case the sauce sucks. The hot sauce was pretty standard stuff which is as hot as iced tea. The honey lime sauce tasted like brake fluid.

Calamari. I had the hankering for some brown bag calamari, sometimes I like to go low rent on this stuff. But I pleasantly surprised by how fresh these were. Great light and crispy crust and the calamari was tender and fresh. I loved how they had more tentacles than tube rings. I would definitely get this again. It was good.

Hickory Burger. It was nice that you can ask for a temp... Medium rare. Came out spot on. It was a good standard pub burger. I'm glad I asked for the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on the side because it was all HFCS... Always ask for sauce on the side! The fries were decent and the tots were good but not Highlander good. They even toasted the buns.

Triple Decker Club. They don't skimp on the filling in here. A very acceptable club sandwich. The home made chips were great.

I was very surprised on how decent everything was... I can't believe I'm even saying this because I have a lot of new dirty disgusting one-liners to use. I'm sure I'll come across a dump that rightfully deserves a proper tongue lashing very soon. But in the mean time... Enjoy this pub's grub.


469 North Highland Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
404-522-4600
http://northhighlandpub.com/

No comments: