Monday, October 15, 2012

Jack's Pizza & Wings - Soul Food Pizza

Hipster central. Cheap booze. Relatively cheap bar food. Cheap broads...

Can all be found under one roof. But this is not a review... It's about a discovery. A creasture from the deep... The deep south. How have I never noticed this beast on the menu before? It's like sasquatch, one minute it's there, the next poof! Well, it coulda been the beer goggles, too. Let's see if we can spot him at night and mebbe try to nibble on his hairy teet a little...

Soul Food - Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Collard Greens, and Gravy. Look at this creasture, it's like a horror film. Linda Blair's pubes just stood up... On the back of her neck, it's that scary. Pack it back up in it's film tin! This almost looks like something you concoct the day after Thanksgiving to nurse your hangover. What is that yellow jizz-like substance inside that plastic spooge bucket thinger? I swear I will not open it no matter how curious I get. Remember when those Nazis opened up the Ark in Indiana Jones? Nazis are dumb motherfuckers... I ain't falling for it, bro! Ok, I did it anyways. 

I looked away for two seconds and this appeared on my plate... Did this thing just crawled across the table? Stared at this mess for a few seconds. Obviously, it wanted me to eat him. So, how was it? Not as bad as you would think. It wasn't drenched in gravy which was a good thing. The mash taters were peppery, the collards like swamp moss and the chicken... Crispy but kinda dry, like frozen chicken tenders. The dough was pretty much the standard boring AP recipe. It ain't great by any means but it wasn't Papa John's, either. Well...

Soul Food pizza... It's a triple dog dare. I can't wait for the Thanksgiving pie... Pass the bucket.

Why do I do shit like this to myself, again?

676 Highland Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30312
(404) 525-4444
http://www.jackspizzaandwings.com/

No comments: