Wednesday, October 10, 2012

B. Beatty Bakery, Diner & Cafe

How is this place not crowded on a Sunday at noon? The area is packed with residential buildings and lofts all within walking distance. You would think this place would be making a killing since there's not much else around. There were more staff than customers in this large space. It's actually a decent looking place and it seems like they would be serving up some great home cooked vittles. But it was dead in here. They couldn't filled the place even if they were giving away free bumps and blow jobs in the bathroom. What could be keeping the people away? Hmmm, let's find out...

Looked around, no one had food at their table... That's weird. The server was like a timid hipster in training but he was very sweet and delicate like a flower. The menu is pretty extensive and looked decent but long menus are usually suspect to me. Ordered food, waited and waited... Server comes by at least 6 times to fill water. Finally, an hour later the food arrives. What are they... Killing the chicken in the back? This shit better be good...

Chicken & Waffles. Belgian waffle instead of the American... But does it really matter which one you pick here because both is a crapshoot, keyword being crap. I think this was a pancake that was dropped on the floor initially... And then the cook accidentally stepped on it with his Timberlands. This has L'eggo my Eggo written all over it... Wait, Eggos are better. You have to drown that shit in maple syrup and butter for it to be halfway edible. Now, on to the chicken... Anyone see anything wrong with this picture? I asked the server if it really came with two wings or if the cook was fucking with me. He said it usually comes with two wings (which were actually decent in a low rent kinda way)... No thigh or leg, what a shame. To their credit it did say chicken and waffle and that's exactly what I got served. How dare I assume it would actually be anything but...


3 Meat Combo w/ Mac & Cheese. This plate was so visually unappealing that I almost puked... If I had it wouldn't show on this plate of slop. Chicken, beef and pork... Can you tell which is which? Looked like it was stir fried all together and then sprinkled with red chili flakes. Every piece of meat were so dried up that it tasted like it was at least 3 days old. I have had beef jerky that was more tender than this. None of the meat had any flavor, it coulda been nutria for all I know. The mac was a sight to behold, totally disgusting and the taste not far from it. I wouldn't serve this to a hobo. Totally wack.

Dirty Rice (Cajun). There's nothing dirty or Cajun about this boil in a bag rice. The sausage was actually the round breakfast patties you find in the frozen aisle that they broke up into pieces. Hard, dry and totally tasteless. This was total garbage compared to Curly's dirty rice which was pretty fucking awesome.

You can actually see the frozen sausage patty's rounded edge shape! Unlike Oliver Twist, I ain't asking for seconds of this gruel. I was hoping to find a finger as I dug deeper and deeper into this pile of manure... But to my dismay, they failed me once again.

Sweet Potato Blood Orange Souffle. Who taught them how to cook? They put this plastic bowl/cup thinger right into the oven to somewhat brown the marshmallows on top and the side of the cup cracked in half. While this wasn't anything to spank your monkey about, it was probably the most edible thing of the entire meal. You can tell they just don't give a shit about anything here... Slop a chunk of tater in the cup, throw some shit on top and out it goes.

I don't understand why would people spend so much time, money and effort to open a business to only serve absolute garbage to paying customers that will probably never come back... Ahh, now I know why this place was empty. I just answered my own question.

Flush.

No Rating.

309 Nelson Street SW
Atlanta, GA 30313
404-883-3200

No comments: