Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Met Dol Noodle & Dumplings

Whenever I see the words noods or dumps on a sign, I usually follow the pouch's instinct and obey his command... He's like Kuato but he doesn't have pink eye and pubic hair growing out of his head, though. I think that's a good thing... Let's hope this place is a good thing. So, let's take a quick look and grab a bite and see if they will close by year end. I was hoping for some tasty Chino dumps but when I got closer it turned out to be a Corean joint. Can you believe that... In Duluth? The husband and wife team, he cooked and she served, were very lovely people... Let's hope I don't have to flush their toilet at the end.  

Take a guess what that thing on the left is... And no, it doesn't flush.

Kimchi and Pickled Radish. House made, not bad at all.

Ox Bone Broth, handmade beef dumplings and noodles. For reals? Fuck yeah! Please don't be a disappointment like everything else in my life. The creamy broth looked promising... And it turned out pretty decent but I still suspect there were powder enhancements involved. Was it rich, flavorful and complex? No, but I know what some people will be thinking when they see this... It ain't no tonkotsu, period. The dumplings were nice... They almost melted in your mouth or mebbe they were just over-cooked. The noodles were ultra soft and slurpable. This bowl would go well with a hangover... And it did. The noods and dumps tasted handmade as promised but I don't speak Spanish, so who really knows for sure? But I liked it anyways.

Deep Fried Pork Cutlet, rice, fries, pickled radish, apples and cabbage slaw. Is it me or does this look like a Korean Lunchable? But let's just stick with the main event on this plate... The fried pork were too thin and the crispy panko crust was about all you could taste. Not a great dish for adults but if you put it on the kids menu, it would be a hit. I would skip this recommended dish and stick with the noodle soups et al.

A nice little mom & pop shop... But I will prolly get bored of this place after a few visits unless they get more variety of meats, noods and dumps.

Developing...

2570 Pleasant Hill Rd.
Duluth, GA 30096
678-691-7361

No comments: