Monday, December 12, 2011

Manhattan NY Pizza

"We invite you to come and experience the world's best pizza."

Oh, dear... Another "world class" pizza claim in this town. So, I was tipped off by a trusted source that it was good... But the online reviews and pictures looked really suspect to me, so I was in no rush for shitty 'ZA after an amazing display by Fuoco di Napoli. Since, I was in the area to take care of some business, I decided to stop by and try a couple plain slices. The order taker told me slices were a $1... What? Oh, Christ. Eh, what the hell, you never know.

It's took a few minutes to come out. They were piping hot and looked really bad in a frozen pizza kinda way. The mozzarella is the run of the mill bagged cheese. The slices were dripping, no, bathing in orange grease. It took about 5 good size napkins to absorb the funk of this slice of pie. It usually takes about 3 naps to clean up the jizz from the top of my other pies. This processed cheese melted evenly like lava flowing across a doomed town. Once it had a chance to cool down, it harden up with the consistency of Play-Doh. The pull was never ending like some magician and his infinite amount of handkerchiefs from his sleeve. The sauce... Who knows how it tasted because the cheese overpowered it. The dough was chewy and not cooked through... How? It was magma hot when it came out. I think I have had better pizza at Ryan's. Makes Cici's and Chuck n Cheez kinda craveworthy right about now.

"Our company is based on the belief that we know you can get pizza anywhere, but serving a "quality" pie is rare to find."

No kidding, you took the words right outta my mouth.

Rating: Like the picture of the pizza... There is none. But if you must, just Google it. The pic of the sausage bits placed ever-so-lovingly on each slice of pepperoni is glorious.

1560 Indian Trial Rd.
Suite 115
Norcross, GA 30093
http://manhattannypizza.com/

No comments: