Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rumi's Kitchen

Grabbed a couple chef friends (who loves this place) for a quiet Sunday dinner... Turns out to be packed. Good sign, yes? Totally. I haven't been back here in years but I'm glad I did. I like Persian food a lot but with Sufi's so close to me, this place kinda fell off my radar. This stretch of Roswell Road scares me a bit because it's full of lame duck restos that rarely passes muster with me. But Rumi's regained some confidence in me for this area.


(Freebies)

Just eat the shit, it's free... You'll like it. Yelpers do. If it's fwee, it's for mee! Wee!


(Kashk Badenjoon)

Mushed eggplant looks like poo but tastes like gold when it's done right... And Rumi's does it right. Packed full of flavor. You can eat this for dinner and be satisfied... But I wouldn't do that to myself with what is coming out next.


(Chilean Sea Bass Kabob and Rack of Lamb)

Seriously, yo... This shit was good eatin'. The lamb was cooked a perfect medium rare. Could not stop eating this shit. The sea bass I was a bit more skeptical, that is until I put it in my facehole and it melted in my mouth. This was a kabob? It was tender and flaky. The display was impressive, too.


(Saffron Basmati Rice mixed with Lentils and Raisins)

I could eat this stuff all night. So simple, yet so good. The raisins gave it that extra little something something.


(Duck Breast w/ Pomegranates and Pomegranate Stew)

This was a special of the night and my first time seeing a pomegranate stew on a Persian menu in Atlanta. Some people may think it looked like a disgruntle cook popped a squat on a plate but the duck meat flaps paired well with the "stew sauce". I was gonna compare this to some awesome and disgusting fecal sex act you do behind closed doors but I'll save that for another review. This was a nice little dish. Mix the stew with that basmati rice and it's all good in da hood.

After all these years, they're still doing it right. And that says a lot to me. Good stuff... But why is there a cardholder with Tomo's business cards up front? Baffled.

2.5 Stars.

Burp.

6152 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
404-477-2100
http://www.rumiskitchen.com/

No comments: