Monday, November 15, 2010

KKO KKO CHICKEN & PIZZA

Just a quick and dirty impression on the soft opening (if you wanna call it that). They officially open Monday.

So, on route to a massive Korean BBQ dinner with some chef fwends, I spied this new KFC shop a few doors down...

KKO KKO CHICKEN & PIZZA.

(Tis was dark but that never stopped me from smelling and locating some KFC. Look at how friggin cute that plump little fucker is, holding two of my favorite things: chicken & beer. I hope he knows that he's delivering a family member on that plate to me.)

(The half and half: regular and spicy (hot as EVOS midtown), $15.95)

They have chicken (duh), pastas and pizza. It's a cute little joint with potential (possibly in the future) but right now it's just passable. The chicken is cut up into smaller pieces than I'm used to in KFC. The shapes looks factory cut meaning they all look pretty much the same like chicken McNuggets or something. The coating/batter is crunchy in a grainy kind of way, not my favorite kind for fried chicken... And it's kinda pricey for the portion. The spicy version is fried as well but then coated with this sticky semi spicy goo sprinkled with some crushed peanuts... Even though the owner told me it was "not wet/saucy, spice is in batter". She sounded so proud of her concept that she told me she will be franchising. Hey there, sweet cheeks, don't count your franchises until the loot comes in on your first location. Graze my balls, has the greedy capitalistic ways of fat America been planted into the minds of these young impressionable FOBs already? I think the answer speaks for itself in one word: Yeah!

The Daikon radish cubes that are pretty much standard sides with KFC were heavily salted and tasted like shit. The pizza on the next table looked pretty gnarly. I rather kiss a Wookie. Pass.

The owners were very sweet... But please stop having delusions of grandeur about franchising anytime soon.

Now, I'm craving some of that incredible secwet KFC joint way upstate GA.

No rating.

3230 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Suite 108
Duluth, GA 30096
678-502-7226

No comments: