Thursday, October 15, 2009

New York Baden Restaurant & Bar

Fuck me, I'm in hillbilly hell. This shit has gone Full Clampett. I can't bweathe, someone open a window...

You may ask yourself, "Who the hell would drive up this far to east bumblefuck just for some KFC you ask?" The answer is me and my pouch. Lower Chattanooga is a scary place, full of jorts and douchebaggery. I can only imagine the incest rate per capita this area yields. I will do anything for a delicious fwied yardbird... But I won't do that.

Korean Fried Chicken is scarce in the South and locating a decent pair of thighs and breasts is few and far between. This "Hof" (beer drinking joint) has been on my radar for a long time but I was scared to be so far from ITP at night (they open at 5pm). I figured a Saturday early evening would be the best time to go and get the hell outta the Hof System before it got dark.

Deep Fried Rotisserie Chicken - Fuck yeah! A whole rotis bird flash fried and then chopped into pieces. What a difference it makes when you whole fried a bird vs. in pieces. Amazingly juicy and crispy thin skin. It's simply rad. It comes with your standard side of sweet radish and kimchi. The only thing missing was the cockscomb and uterus. That woulda made me jizz in my pants.


Fried Calamari - Screw Mega Shark, Giant Octopus is the shit, he tastes so much better... A massive plate of tempura style squid that were oh so crispy and tender. Shit, I just couldn't stop nawing on them testicles... I mean tentacles. Squirt.

Donkatsu - If you had a heart attack after eating that entire chicken... Stick a couple of these paddle size fried pork cutlets to your chest and stand clear. You'll be kicking in no time to feast upon these tender ass bad boys. The Panko crust is light and crispy with a few slices of nuts for texture, everybody likes nuts in their mouth. Comes with potato salad and side salad... H1 N1 not included. Redonkulus.

Regular old KFC is hard to find but not impossible but this "Baden" type of rotisserie fried chicken is mainly kept a secret. So, if you are willingly to drive up to mossback country, you deserve a delicious yardbird or two. No kids under 18 allowed in because it's bar but you can sit outside at the picnic tables like a bunch of hobos. The chicken is out of the bag. You're welcomed. Just don't over eat like I did... I have no self control when it comes to fwied chicken.

Cocka.

Doodle.

Poo.

Burp.

3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 623-1146

No comments: