Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Steel Restaurant & Lounge

Sigh...

I'm giving this joint 2 stars because of a plethora of ridiculous reasons. I knew this place wasn't gonna wow me but I had to be fair and give it a chance... what better way than going on restaurant week to sample the grub. The special menu did look decent on paper... and prolly would tasted better too. The scene is just plain baffling... it was a circus sideshow because it was run by a bunch of human oddities.

8:00pm reservations, says they are behind a bit, no problem. I was offered to sit at the sushi bar, I spied it from afar and you basically stare at flat piece of dark wood. No thanks.

8:04pm, goto the bar to get a dwink, I get a beer because it's easy and they can't screw that up. My friend orders an Amaretto Sour, they were out so they look for another bottle.

8:10pm, still nothing... WTF? There's a Mac's next door! Screw it, just get me a vodka martini... wait, you do have vodka right?

8:15pm, a woman picks up a to go order and walks out, bartender notices she left her credit card behind. Instead of running after her, he asks me to chase her down! WTF?! No problem dude, I'll do your job for you pal... He did buy the martini though, you know a little something for the effort.

8:25pm, still at the bar because the table is still not ready... but for our inconvenience we get a bowl of edamame. Thanks freak, but I rather have a table so I can eat real food.

8:40pm, finally sit down and was offered another round of dwinks by the owner. Sure pal, I worked for it after all. After the dwinks arrive... I just ordered everything at once. Who knows if this hobo aka server would ever come back.

And the food...
Crabmeat Mango Spwing Roll- the fake crab leg meat just killed the whole damn thing and fried anything is always good... well, almost. Eh... Surimi.

Sushi Plate- some of the slimiest and worst hacked up pieces of warm chum. I think they got it out of that green mossy water fountain out front. Meh... Sea Monkeys.

Vietnamese Shaken Beef- shaken is right... right out of a dusty old rug. This was Mongolian beef you would find in any hole in the wall Chino takeout joint. Possum chunks on top of wilted greens drenched in super sweet brown sauce. Eh... Tootsie roll.

Chilean Sea Bass- golf ball size piece in a super sweet miso and sake glaze. Oh dear baby Jesus, did they run this thing under the glazer at Krispy Kreme? Miso wasabi sauce was totally inedible, it coulda peeled paint. Two sticks of tasty aspargus completed the "dish". Meh... Chin donutz.

Banana Egg Roll- 3 letters... WTF? WHY? HOW? Take your pick. They left out the ice cweam but coated the bottom of the plate with more sweet ooze. Barf... Purge.

Apple Wontons- looks like 3 tiny little fwied pies but 1 had no filling and the other two tasted worst than Mickey Deez apple pies. Once again, left out the ice cweam and more with this sweet goo on the plate. Dollar menu... Splash.

One of the worst meals I have eaten and the lack of service to complete it. So why 2 stars? 1 star for the 2 tasty sticks of asparagus and 1 star to the owner who got us two rounds of dwinks for their Mickey Mouse service. The regular menu is a total rip off, they should change their name to STEAL. Oh, I did ask the server why the ice cream were left out on the desserts... his answer, "We ran out". Well, I ran out of money so that's why I left out the TIP, pal...

Douche bag.

950 West Peachtree St
Suite 255
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 477-6111

No comments: