Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eros World Tapas Bar

Since Piebar never got me excited with their nasty pies...

Should I be aroused at a place named Eros? Sure, why not... I'm secure with my Gastro-ality. Plus, it's located in a colorful part of town where you can get a pink taco under a cabana or finger something loose, round and heavy and toss it in a gutter behind the alley scoring a 69.69. It's your world, do what you want, I'm only living in it.

So, the snarky snacker and I had to see what all the fuss was about since reading all the positive reviews on the intertubes. Ok, I admit, it was my 3rd choice since The Porter was closed b/c they ran out of beer and grub (WTF?)... and La Pietra Cucina couldn't figure if they wanted to open or not on a Monday (WTF2?), try spinning a bottle of douche!

Alright, the interior design is a lot nicer and softer... but I can really give two pumps of my bow string about that. I was there for the grubbery and it had my arrow standing at attention and spread eagle... my wings that is! Tapas style plates were inexpensive and well prepared. The most expensive thing was the Paella for 2 @ $20 which really isn't that bad, next time!

The server had on a low cut top and hot shorts which was kinda weird outfit for a resto early in the evening... even if she could pull it off. I can understand mebbe after 10pm you switch to "Ho" wear but not when I'm eating gwilled octopus pweez! She was dumber than John Stamos. I swear, it was like her first time reading the menu and wine list... it really was all Gweek to her! "Grilled what?", "Chicken what?", "What kinda chops?", "Which wine?", "Can you point to which one?"... What a tool! Excuse me, but is there a sharpening stone in the back? Nevermind her... how's the grub?

Grilled Baby Octopus - A plate full of tender and juicy cephalopods... David Arquette ain't got nothing on these eight legged freaks! Just don't stroke them too hard or else they might squirt you in the eye.
Lamb Chops - Perfectly cooked med-rare pieces of yum yums in my belly... the tzatziki sauce was very good. Mary had a little lamb... "had". Exactly.

Spanish Potatoes - Were crispy and light... tasty but the spicy tomato sauce wasn't all that though. Needed more zing, ding dongs!

Chicken Livers & Toast with Peri Peri Sauce - I really liked this dish, balanced flavors and just cooked well overall. It was a generous helping of offal... offally good!

Curry Veggie Samosas - Nice and crispy but the curry flavor could be a bit more present. It needed a dipping sauce... c'mon, everyone needs a lil throat lube to swallow, even Joey Chestnut.

This Genie Lamp shaped joint really rubbed me the right way with their grub that Christina Aguilera never could... even though it looks so much like a nightclub on the Jersey shore. The new Gweek owners will definitely turn a few hard core foodies on... Just don't bend over to pick up the menu on the floor. Leave that for the servers in hot shorts that just came from Flashers.

OPA! ...Eta Pi!

Burp!

2160 Monroe Drive
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 549-2433

No comments: