Friday, July 28, 2017

Fork in the Road... Again.

The Pouch is like a Honey Badger... It doesn't give a fuck what others think. It does what it wants, go where it wants and eat what it wants. If it wants to eat all fried shit for an entire day, it will do it without any remorse... Until the next day. Then I'm cursing myself and usually end up crying myself to sleep for being such a disgusting slob. I'm emotionally delicate like a flower... So, I fucking cry a lot, OK? You would be too if you had a repulsive misshaped Mexican muffin top... It looks like I have a dimpled ass poking out front from under my shirt... People even tried to wipe it because there was dirty lint in my belly button and thought it was an ass crack. So embarrassing... But what's more embarrassing is how much I eat when nature calls. The pouch goes on weird binges sometimes, well, more often than not... And it needs to satisfy that craving. Today, the pouch had a stressful day and needed some instant gratification... And it usually involves fwied cheekan. Let's go to the video tape...

Fried Clam Strip, tots. I have not had clam strips in so long, I'm talking years, decades since the last time I had them at HoJo's... Until I found this place. I still remember the first time I had them here and all the precious memories flooded in like a broken toilet. These clam strips totally reminded me of my childhood with visits to HoJo's during special occasions like graduating elementary school when I turned 12 or after a bris ceremony... It was a little weird eating these clam strips after the bris, they looked like fried fore... Nevermind. But that was ages ago, let's talk about the present with this little present to me. The clams strips are pretty large and the breading is ultra crispy and the strip inside is tender and juicy. I know they're prolly frozen from a brown bag, but it's still so damn good. I don't think I have ever seen anyone order this when I'm here except for me. I don't think the clam strip dinner is that popular in the south. For me, it's difficult to stop popping these beauties one after another into my piehole like a dolphin during a training session. This ginormous portion was the medium size portion, I will not dare to attempt the large order.

Shrimp Po'boy, fried onion strings. I have never tried the po'boy here, so it was about that time to do so... The presentation is a little weird where they lay the bread out flat and then build the fillers on top. They give you a lot of seasoned fried shrimp and they like to show it off to you. It's a long ass po'boy and it's a good deal. It was pretty tasty... But I just wished the bread was not all flattened out, I like a little puffiness to the bread on a po'boy. The fried onion strings are a special but you can sub it out which was really nice.

Fried Chicken. This is why I come here... For the made to order fried chicken and the 6 piece dark is always a must. It is a steal for $8.99 and I still don't know how the fuck they can get away with this... And I ain't gonna be one complaining to them about it. Keep making them at this price point and I'll keep shoveling them down my facehole. The skin is crispy and thinner than most other cheekan shacks and the meat inside is so juicy it runs down your arm. This is one of the best fried cheekan in town and they don't rape you six ways to Sunday for a tiny taste.

Cornbread Souffle. This is one of the best sides here... It's the size of a hub cap or a yarmulke for the elephant man. Just get it, trust da pouch.

Fried Okra. Sometimes, on a full moon, I get a hankering for these slimy fried witch clits... And on this visit these little fried okra nuggets were more tasty than a witch's titty.

I have no shame, it's kinda embarrassing with the staff bringing over dish after dish of fried food to my snout... Makes people do a double take. It even made the obeast red-no-neck family blush in the corner and they were like, how much fried shit can that fat fuck eat? The answer is... A plethora of fwied shit, el guapo. Oh yes, the pouch has a plethora.

4800 Briarcliff Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30345

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't been over here in a while, glad to see the quality is still good. I recall getting the po-boy a few years ago, was like 7.99 or 8.99, what a steal. Price went up, but still good deal. You've got to do some cruise reviews. I ate like 40 Carnival arepas over the last few days. So good.

Anonymous said...

Just went last night. Clams were good but the chicken is outstanding.

BTW - is this true? : http://www.accessatlanta.com/classifieds/restaurants--food-jobs/thrillist-named-this-reliable-atlanta-gas-station-spot-the-best-fried-chicken-chain-america/gNr1Vsv9iBTLTcyvliK5MI/

Pinky said...

I feel like ive read a pouch review before on a gas station fried chicken. It was awhile ago tho.

Anonymous said...

Hey pouch, Chong Qing Hot Pot has the best version of salt and pepper shrimp I've ever had

It is a unique preparation, so fucking good, reminscent of a new england fish shack

the only change i would make is request that they throe some hot peppers in the mix

check it out and let me know

Denise said...

Went today on your recommendation. It was great. Best fried seafood around for the price. Thanks for the spot on reviews. I always look forward to new posts.