Friday, January 6, 2017

Shoya

Shoya has been consistently busy and consistently pushing out very respectable ex-pat vittles over the years. I think I had like one bad dish since I have been coming here on the regular. This joint is packed almost every single night... And for good reason. The shit is legit up in this piece. Let's make another revisit and see how they're doing these days... Don't fucking fail me, yo...

Someone is getting a little frisky with wisky tonight... Their house whisky is some risky bottom shelf scotch called McIVOR Finest Scotch Whisky. But I still tried it anyways, the server gave me a triple pour... Shit was like 5 ounces for $6. But does that really matter when they get it for under $10 a bot? It's all profit to them. It's a very younger scotch but it didn't taste half bad when you eating a shit load of grub with it. 

Japanese Tater Salad. I still don't get this scoop of tater salad, it's not necessarily bad but it ain't great either. Why waste money to fill yer pouch when there's much better things on the menu to be had... Skip it with extreme prejudice.

Koebi Karaage. Fwied baby skrimpz... Always a must have, but they have gotten chintzy on the portion. Still a tasty lil dish.

Eel. Clean and simple. Just a nice looking, good tasting piece of sweet eel. Git ya some.

Soft Shell Crab. It's real tough not to order this every time... So, don't think, just order the fucking thing... Tis real guud.

Chicken Soft Bone. Another dish that I have come to enjoy more and more... Shit, the soft bone is good for you. Make bone strong and hard... Yes, my bone is real hard right now, it was soft earlier but now I got a good blood flow going from these little bone nuggets.

Grilled Oysters. I like them plump and juicy... Besides my wimmen, that's how I also like my oysters.

Ankimo. One of my all time favs here... Monkfish liver is so soft and velvety when done right and they do it right here every time... It's a must on every visit.

Hamachi Kama. So, they are going by MP (market price) now, depending on the size of the collar. Which is a good thing... You get what you pay for. And this was done as well as any other time I have had it. Crispy on the outside and steamy and flaky on the inside... Remember, don't forget to nibble on the crispy fins, some of the best parts.

Sashimi Deluxe. They are killing it with the sashimi deluxe on this visit. Look at the compilation on this platter... It is literally the greatest hits and had everything that I wanted on one tray. The sweet shrimp, scallop, otoro, hamachi, etc etc... Just an amazing selection tonight.

Fried them skrimp headz! This is literally one of my favorite things to eat, the brains, eyeballs, skeleton, mmm... I could be a zombie in training.

Udon Tempura. This was a good palate cleanser... Wash down all the other goodies for the next round of goodies. Pretty standard issue udon and broth, but the tempura was spot on, crispy crunchy and just so good chomping around in your facehole.

Tonkotsu Ramen Black. So, what makes it a black ramen? It ain't the noodles or broth but the black sesame oil.. So, it kinda looks black but it ain't. It's just a standard tonkotsu with the black sesame oil. And how does it taste? ...Fuck me, yo... Tis was pretty damn good. The broth was not super rich but rich enough with the black sesame oil. Most of the ramen here were all more than acceptable, but will it win any contests... Prolly not because it's not a full on ramen joint but they do it better than most places that only focus on ramen in this one horse town. I would totally get this again for $11.

Taiyaki Ice Cream Dessert Thingy. I'm not a fan of desserts overall but I'm a fan of this fish cake filled with red bean paste. I think this is the first time I have ever ordered this and it was surpisingly tasty... Like everything else on their ginormous menu which is quite impressive to have such a large menu and the execution is still on point.


Shoya has done it again and again... This joint is one of my favorite spots in this town, no matter what the cuisine is. No wonder they had to open Ginya... Their shit is more packed than Blake's on the weekends.

6035 Peachtree Rd A101
Doraville, GA 30340
http://www.shoyaatlanta.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here you go

https://www.snackboxebistro.com/our-menu/