Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Big Dave's Cheesesteaks & Water Ice

I haven't been back here in a good bit, time to see what this gas station philthy shop has been up to lately... Always had some very tasty cheesesteaks from this place before, mostly because of the amazing Amoroso's rolls. Maybe I'll try some other nibbles as a snack while they're clanking away on the flat top on my philthy. The place hasn't changed much but they did change their name to Big Dave's Cheesesteaks from Dave's Philly's... The inside still looks the same but with more flies. The only place that was a fly free zone was in the shitter, imagine that... After I ordered, I stayed in there for a bit while I washed my hands from swatting them flies away outside. Came back out when they called my name with my order... Let's go eat some philthy smut.

Cheesesteak Eggroll. No no, we're not at Davio's with their filthy cheesesteak springrolls that you can buy them at BJ's... This is the philthy eggroll that you buy at a gas station. These sounded like a slumlord special that I just had to try it... Even comes with shitty duck sauce packets! I may be in love, my pants just got moist. The eggroll dough is so friggin Chico and Chang's, Americanized as shit but it has to be if it's gonna be a cheesesteak eggroll. It was crackling hot and crispy on the outside, the inside was steaming hot and gooey... It reminded me of a donkey sauce but I still ate it. Look, it's total trailer trash grub but it's kinda tasty in a stranded on an island kinda way... Would I order it again? Fuck no. The flies can have the rest... And did. It flew out the door.

Wings. I'm such a fucking ballbuster... Who asks for two styles on a 8 piece order? This fat fuck does... I know the hot hot sauce will barely tickle my sack with sweat but I'm always a sucker for it just to see how weak it is... It was actually a tiny bit spicy, gave me a sweat droplet or two. They're decent sized wings and were meaty enough for a place like this. The lemon pepper were surprisingly good, a nice chemical balance of lemon flavor and pepper. I can't believe these were better than I expected... But I prolly wouldn't get them again.

Dave's Way Cheesesteak. This is what you come here for... The philthy on an Amoroso's. Yeah, so it looks like a tube of turd... I wish they wouldn't roll it up in the wrapper if you're eating in but I guess they want to be authentic... Also, they don't have a plastic tray long enough to hold this beast in to be unwrapped. For $8, this was a good sized philthy. The minced meat ratio is good but the cheese ratio needs to increase by 65%. You gotta have that ooey gooey cheesy steak sando. The Amoroso's roll was soft, had good pull and strong enough to hold all that shit in there, there is no mistaken a proper A-roll. Every time I come here, I always say to myself that I'm just gonna get the classic steak and cheese and maybe a little onions but I end up getting suckered into the Dave's Way with peppers, too. It might not be the prettiest sando but the ugly ones are usually the tastiest... Sounds like some of the chicks I have been with. Did I say that out loud? Nevermind... It is a good philthy and the Amoroso's roll makes it even better.

Fries. Even though, they don't make the fries in house, shit, anything fried here is from the back of a truck... But these coated fries were pretty tasty. Nice crunch and crisp to them... Kinda addictive.

Box of Amoroso's rolls. There were just sitting on a table near the door... Dudebros, I will just buy the entire box of the Amoroso's, fuck the steak'ums, I'll put my own meat flap filler in between them bunz. Clank clank... Squirt.


This dumpy little place next to the gas station store may have the best philthy in this town... It's a bit OTP but it's worth the drive for a meatlog sando... Oh, and their water ice (mango/lemon) is not too shabby, either. Next time, take the food to go and eat outside or in your car or in the parking across the street to avoid the flies inside. Yeah, that makes the joint sound real hygenic. They're suppose to be looking for a bigger space, I truly hope they are...

5020 Winters Chapel Rd
Atlanta, GA 30360

http://bigdavescheeseteaksga.com/#/

No comments: