Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thanksgiving Pouch Parade

The pouch consumes more during this time of the year because like bears, it needs to fatten up for the winter. Unlike Han, it doesn't want to get hibernation sickness. Since, there's no Tauntauns around to hibernate inside of, the pouch must become the hunter gatherer on it's own... Here's a few places that contributed to the fattening process.

Calle Latina.
Nice little mom & pop shop. Pretty good vittles. #mexicancan

Barbacoa Empanadas. The dough is a little flaky and filler was pretty tasty, could be hotter temp wise, though. So, I don't think they do these to order, more like reheated. Still acceptable.

Ceviche del Peru. Not a bad ceviche, not the best either. The mahi mahi cubes have been sitting in the juice a little too long so its a little chewy because it has tighten up a bit. The tostones were nice and crispy, not soggy.

Chuletas de Puerco. I love the word chuleta.. I also lurv chuleta can can, that's Puerto Rican but I can't resist that fried hunk of porky meat fat. This was a cute dish, pretty tasty overall. Very tender pork and the flavors were decent, coulda used a little more heat because this dish should be spicier!


Grand Champion BBQ.
Checked out their new Krog St. Market location. This market is a work in progress but I think it will be a cool little venue when it fills up. I hope the Spotted Trotter's new resto delivers what is expected of them but in the mean time I will have a little BBQ. #manmeat

Brisket. Since they aren't smoking the meats here (just holding them to temp in a hot box), it's difficult to precisely judge their product quality. The bark and smoke were there but the pink smoke ring was not. It's still a pretty tasty brisket and hopefully they can fine tune their logistics on delivering top quality BBQ. The original sauce is a little bit better than the spicy carolina style but none really wow'd me.


Pinewood.
I have not been back in this joint for a long long time. I'm surprised they're still in business. I wonder if they still have the premade old fashioned on tap... Yep, they still do. Maybe they should just turn this into the college bar they always wanted. But anyhoo, back to this specimen on a plate. #robooldfashioned

Oyster Roll. It is smaller than it looks. Reminds me of that pathetic lobster roll at Industry Tavern. $9 for maybe 3 tiny bites of this unseasoned oyster roll was kinda depressing. There was more batter than sea snot, it was just plain not good. The burger looked halfway decent, maybe that's why everyone ordered it up in this piece. The drinks, if made by a human, were acceptable but by no means amazing on any level. The cast operating this joint were like characters from my favorite 80's movies... Spaz from Meatballs, Ricky from Better Off Dead and Jeanie from Ferris Bueller. So, at least they got that going for them. #sorryyourmomblewup


Kimball House.
I can't say anymore about how great their oysters are. #hairlessbivalves  Their cocktails are the tits as well. #boobjuice

Oysters. Slurp, burp, squirt, repeat. The end.


Best BBQ.
After I wrote this up, this shack blew up and has been going strong ever since. You have to get here by 10AM or else you'll be standing and waiting forever to get this made to order dim sum. The best dim sum joint in metro Atlanta. #fuckthecarts

The Har Gao's are some of the best I have ever had, even in Hong Kong. This shit is amazing after a night of boozing.

It's so damn good, I just can't stop eating... Because I'm a fucking slob with a muffin top that Latinas would be jealous of. Y'all don't wanna know about my stump.


Pho Delight.
Everyone has their favorite slurp shop. Lee's, Quoc, Pho Dai, Nam, etc. are all totally decent but this little mom & pop shop up in redneckville Lilburn has some of the best broth out there. And it comes out piping hot, whereas other pho shops serve tepid lukewarm broth. I like my bean sprouts and greens to cook a lil when I put it in my soup. This place delivers. #slurpmynoods

Meatball. Sometimes you just want meatballs, noods and broth only. I don't know if they make them in house but the bits of tendon in the balls make them so good.

Dac Biet. For when you want all the offal goodness of a creasture's innards in one bowl... aka crap in bowl goodness.

Cha Gio. These little eggrolls are always crispy and filled with yummy meat substances, that's what she said.


Penn Station.
This new sando shop in Briarcliff / North Druid area is ridiculously slow and the product looks like shit... It tasted even worse. #2sandos1cup

There are two mooks working this dump. They look like they just got released from county on a work program. It took 40-fucking-5 minzies to make two sandos and a cup of fries... And this was with three customers inside. One of them was this hot young chippie in the shortest Daisy Dukes known to mankind, I could almost smell what she had for breakfast... Definitely, sausage. So, I didn't mind the wait as much. This thing was supposed to be the Italian Hoagie... Dude, it looks like the Predator's bloody hatchet wound, all green and shit. Make it turn invisible. #oneuglymofo

Look at those sad limp fries... It's almost as sad as when I look down after a cold shower. Fresh Cut obviously means what you'll do to your wrists after eating this. That other creasture in the back was suppose to be the Cheekan Parm... Don't ask, don't tell, I didn't when I unwrapped this, remember, the guy who made it just got out of county. He might shank me with a plastic spork. Those fuckers in prison know how to spork the jugulars. #thinkofahappyplace


The pouch is bloated and needs a nap... Hopefully, I won't wake up again. If my one fan is reading this and wants me to continue my rubbish, call the fire department and make sure they bring the jaws of life, I'm not gonna fit through the door.



1 comment:

Pinky said...

That Best BBQ is so fucking good.

What the pouch eating for chrimmas?