Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Greenwood's Restaurant

I like fried cheekan... Just in case y'all didn't know. Again. I haven't been back here in a long time but I was in the area so I wanted to try their hefty fried chicken again to see if anything has changed. I remembered it was a good fried chicken the last time I had it many moons ago, but nothing so spectacular that it made me crave for it the next day like zombies to brains. Their portion/price ratio was pretty good, too. So, I hope they're still delivering the goods.

Corn Muffins. Yes, I need five of them because I'm on a health kick right now. They melt in your mouth but there's no butter or lard in it, I swear. These things were so full of butter that they give you extra butter just in case it's not fatty enough. I still like their style... And so does every other morbidly obese person in the joint. There were so many fat people in here I thought I went inside a slaughter house by mistake. Moooo.

Fried Chicken with honey-pepper sauce, broccoli casserole, creamed corn, sweet tater mash and cheese grits. For under $16, this is a massive portion of half a chicken(ok, it only comes with two sides but I got two more because I didn't eat breakfast)... The Bishop charges $20 for 2 medium size pieces with some scraps on the plate, what a rip off. The crust is pretty thick but it falls off with little effort. Closer examination, I noticed there were no skin. I don't remember it being skinless before (did they go kosher and get a Rabbi for a cook?) or maybe I just ate it so fast last time I didn't even check. I'm ok with it being skinless. The chicken is made to order but it came out piping hot under the 30 minzies required time. The shit was still sizzling and crackling and I had to wait like 32 seconds to take the first bite. The honey pepper sauce I could do with it on the side but it wasn't bad. The crust is a bit too thick for me, some parts had big clumps of crust that you set off to the side and eat later. It's a good crust, though.. And it gives it that girth in the presentation when it comes out to the table. The chicken was juicy, tender and had really nice flavor. It's a very good fried chicken but it's not top 3, possibly in the top 10. I guess I'll have to post the world's top 10 list of the best fried cheekan in the future. The sides were all pretty good, it's definitely not for people on a diet like me. But I ate it all anyways. 

Burp.

1087 Green St.
Roswell, GA 30075
(770) 992-5383
 http://greenwoodsongreenstreet.com/

No comments: