Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Church's Chicken

I know what y'all are saying... What is wrong with the marsupial Pouch? Did he bump his pannus or something? Did he lose his job and now going low rent these days? Did he break another door at Popeyes and banned for life? The answer is no to all of the above. But I was driving along and saw a sign that said a whole friggin family meal is $10. Turn the fucking car around, Ma! We're not having meatloaf again tonight!
10 Pieces, 2 large sides and 4 biscuits for $10 (limited time only). Ok, every store in this franchise cooks their chicken differently... How do I know that? I'm sure you know how. I ate at a few fwied cheekan joints here and there in my lifetime to know the difference. This location off Buford Hwy does the crust a little thicker and it doesn't break apart as easily like with Popeyes. The seasoning and over outer perimeter is passable. Crunch factor is high but per bite pull of a combination of crust/skin/flesh is a little difficult. Sometimes the entire crust breaks off in one piece and then you're trying to put it back on the bald meat like some kind of bad toupée. It's not a bad fried chicken but it also isn't on my top 10 list either. It's a good box of chicken to take to a friend's back yard party or tailgate because it wouldn't be a big loss if you were only able to get 2 pieces because everyone's grubby little fat hands have snatched a piece for themselves while it's still hot. Their sides are just ok, mash n gravy is a doctored up version of instant, cajun rice is passable needs more seasoning, fried okra is brown bag special and mac is too liquidity and pasta too soft.

If you want to slum it like a hobo, this deal is your best bet for some fwied ghetto pigeon. I actually went two days in a row for this deal... And I wonder why I'm so morbidly obeast.


4995 Buford Hwy
Chamblee, GA 30341
 770-454-9404
http://www.churchs.com/





No comments: