Friday, February 21, 2014

Bo Bo Garden vs. Sobban

Ok, this is not really a battle.. The pouch is just fat and likes to talk shit when it's in a food coma. I haven't been back to Bo Bo Garden for a bit because the last time everything tasted like raccoons crapped in all the casserole bowls. Sobban has always been tasty and never disappointed me so far. So, it was time to do a back to back taste test... Well, I just went to both restos in one weekend.

Bo Bo Garden.
Pork Belly Stewed with Pickled Mustard. These Chinos were not chintzy with this classic hot pot. There were tons of pork belly in it, half fat and half meat. Verra tasty but you do not have to eat the fat parts, unless you want to custom design your own badonkadonk.

XO Tofu Egg. Those round things looked like some regular old fried tofu but they were not. They were a cross between an egg custard and soft tofu. The XO sauce got me. It was an interesting dish but I think I'll stick to the classics next time.

Salt and Pepper Spare Ribs. This was like Chino McNuggets... You just keep popping them in your piehole like there's no tomorrow. Pretty tasty but do not eat the bones. Well, you can, just don't bitch about it afterwards when you're trying to take a dump.

Crispy Mapo Tofu. No one does this dish in this town and let me tell you motherfuckers that this dish was pretty fucking radical. It was not spicy as mapo tofu is known for but it was more like a sweet heat. The real star of the show was the lightly breaded tofu cubes fried to a thin and crispy crust which was friggin delish. Shit was gone in 2 minzies.

Bo Bo, you have redeemed yourself. Fuck yeah, Chinbro.


Sobban.
Mandu and Pepper Wings. House made mandu were killer. The pepper wings were new on the menu and I skipped the kickass KFC wings for them (yeah, I still can't believe I passed up the best wings in town). They were not bad at all, I couldn't stop eating them so that tells you something, almost ate the bones.

Kimchi Devil Eggs. Cute and fun but not worth $6 for 2 eggs. Just make them at home. You slackers know how to boil an egg, right? Throw some kimchi bits on top and voilĂ !

Fried Kimchi Bologna Sandwich. It is usually only available at lunch but they were nice enough to make me one since I was soiling my underpants to try one... Oh, it was worth the hype. Time to change underpants, only if I had wore any. Whoops, I did it again.

Cured Sausage. A special sampler that I got to taste. It's similar to Chinese sausage. Good stuff. The broads will like it.

Japchae. This has too much healthy crap on top but it sure is purdy isn't it? Guess what... This vegan crap was really good. I can't remember if it had meat in it because my eyes rolled back like a shark when I was shoveling that stuff into my mouth. Coulda been meat in there, cut the pouch open and you will find out.

Chicken Thighs and Kimchi Rice. I love the kimchi rice here and the thighs were fork tender. The meat literally falls off the bone effortlessly. I like that because I'm a princess and don't like to work that meat off the bone. I just like meat in my mouth. The thighs were seasoned nicely and had good flavor. I wonder if they could fry this? Hmmm...

So, both places were a success and the pouch was happy. I need to find some dumps next time, so I can bitch about it. I'm being way too nice lately. Snap out of it, Pouchito and do your job! ...For the children.

No comments: