Tuesday, November 5, 2019

World Famous Chic-A-Loe Chicken Sandwich

Y'all know that the Pouch will risk life and lips for any type of fwied cheekan... But ever since Popeyes fried chicken sandwich has made their second coming this past Sunday, to thumb their beaks at Chick-Fil-A, the Pouch wasn't gonna jump into another goat rodeo. I had my fill of douchebags at the recent shit show at Chomp & Stomp and I needed a break from all the asshats... Plus, I didn't want to get stabbed in the back waiting in line for a cheekan sando that I had twice already on the first coming. Yes, the hype is back for the Popeyes cheekan sando because these mothercluckers want to be first to post it on Instagram, again... Shit, the struggle is real, I was getting gas across the street from a Popeyes on the day after their re-release and it was 30+ cars deep blocking the road and causing a traffic jam. I'm like fuck that noise...
So, I had to find another chicken sando in a safer space to satisfy the gluttonous desires of the abyss that is the pouch. And my search brought me down to East Point... Ewww! East Point? Isn't that where hobos go to die... Like strippers at the Clermont Lounge? Let's face it, East Point is a shithole, but it will be 100 times safer than any Popeyes for the next 2 weeks... And my research and experience have found that most shitholes have an unusually high concentration of dericious fwied cheekan within a small area... Which brings me to this small strip mall off East Point Street to Chic-A-Loes, the home of the world famous Chic-A-Loe chicken sandwich... You heard that right, homies, Chic-A-Loe, not Chick-Fil-A. I haven't even step foot out of my car yet and I am already loving this hole in the wall dump. This joint has been around for years and yet I have never been here. Shit, I haven't been in proper East Point for years, I just drive right through it as quick as possible to and from the airport. C'mon, no one goes to East Point unless you have a gun to your head... It's just one of those areas that has nothing to offer but if you fry it, the Pouch will come... Let's not fuck around and get to it, already... Seriously, Pouch, don't fuck around in this area, you only have two mags on you, don't be a hero, bro...

They are proud of their prized item... They even made a sign and everything, it must be guud!

They have a handful of items from chicken sandos, wings, seafood, hotdogs, corndogs, burgers and the primary cooking technique is usually fried... I don't even want to see the color of the oil in the fryer... It's just a mother oil, Pouch, the flavor has depth to it, you big dummy! I wasn't interested in anything else on the menu, I was on a mission, from God... And it was all about their world famous chicken sandwich. They got a combo special for like $8 for a Chic-A-Loe, fries and a drink... SOLD!

Behold! The World Famous Chic*A*Loe sandwich in all it's glory! Look at the size of that fucking thing... That's what she said. The sight of this was like seeing the Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth chicken of the Lama. The flowing crust, the girth, golden in color... Striking.

I haven't seen a bronze breast the size of a foam container since the days of yore at the Cheetah. It was literally the size of the foam container... That hamburger bun looked like a dinner roll next to that gorgeous piece of crispy ass. I'm getting a massive blood flow, right now... Let's dress it up and put some lipstick on it before I poke a pinhole in it with my pecker...

Sweet baby Jesus, why am I trying to make it look like I'm trying to take it out on a date... I'm so lonely. I don't care, I'm gonna make out with this hot chick, maybe even French kiss it. Give me some crust, baby. Seriously, how do you even eat this thing? Took a bite of the titty that was hanging out and damn, it was tasty. The medium thick crust had a nice crunch to it and the white meat inside was tender, just a tad dry and could use a little bit more seasoning. Nothing a little hot sauce can't fix... But it is a very respectable fwied cheekan sando. It's just a handsome specimen to admire and consume. The quality to value ratio is spot on.

Enough of the blah blah blah, c'mon, Pouch, all we want to know is one thing- Is it better than Popeyes fried chicken sando?
Fuck me, I would say it was almost as good... Fuck, did I just say that out loud? Ok, Popeyes is one giant breast, breaded and fried, while Chic-A-Loe pounds it out flat like a schnitzel, breaded and fried. Both eats well but the visual presentation of the Chic-A-Loe is far more appealing and stunning to anyone eating it for the first time. But what about the toasted buttered bun and sauces on the Popeyes sando, don't they make a difference? They do, but they're more for conversation. All fried chicken need is hot sauce, don't be so fucking bougie... Says the Pouch. Wink wink.

Shit, now, I got a reason to go back down to that shithole... But it's still safer than a Popeyes for the next couple of weeks. That may be a first ever said, that East Point is now considered a safe space... And the fragile millennials all rejoiced, but they still won't go down there.

Squirt.

2879 E. Point St. #12
Atlanta, GA 30344

No comments: