Thursday, December 20, 2018

Rosati's Pizza and Sports Pub

All of the sudden, this one horse town is all goddamn giddy AF about Chicago deep dish 'Za with the opening hype of the new Gino's East of Chicago... Sadly, Gino's is going through some growing pains, maybe their deep dish pies will be edible when they grow up. But before there was Gino's East, there was Nancy's which somehow quietly stayed in business after all this time. Then Rosati's popped up a couple of years ago in limbo between Buckhead and Sandy Springs off Wieuca. They also have a location in Cumming and Hoschton (where?) but strangely they have two different websites, I don't know what the fuck that is all about. But anyways, before I even went to Gino's East, I secretly got a deep dish pie to go from Rosati's at the Buckhead location a couple of weeks ago to see what the fuss was all about. Let's see if this tomato cheese cake is more edible than Gino's East...

10" Deep Dish. It's pretty hefty for a $16 casserole. Let's open up the hood and sneak a peak

What's with the tin hat? Are there aliens around? Mel Gibson? Jaoquin Phoenix? Are these Signs? I get it, they want to keep it as warm as possible for the trip home. But wouldn't it make it all soggy? Perhaps not, since this ain't no regular old pizza pie... This was a Chicago style deep dish, it has the cojones to brave the windy city's most treacherous weather. Let's peel this tin foil back and see if there's a glory hole in the center.

Chicago Deep Dish in all it's glory... No holes in the center. Let's see what they have to say about it- Pan-cooked, buttery crust that is smothered with cheese & chunky tomato sauce, then baked to perfection for over 40 minutes. Ahh, so, this is what perfection looks like... Like it was dropped from the roof of a 5 story building. Did the cook finger bang the side of my tomato pie before he boxed it up? Nevermind, I don't want to smell his fingaz.

Let's take a closer look at the side of the crust and see if it was really made in a pan. I tell y'all what, it looked a hundred times better than Gino's East deep dish... But this was no prize, either. The crust is just so goddamn thick and bready.

I don't know what happened to this part of the pie... Trump better not use them to build the wall... Shit was cheaply built and falling apart. But it was prolly from the rocking pizza cutter. This may be the only time that I wished the crust was stuffed with cheese a la Pizza Hut. If I'm gonna gain 10 pounds in one sitting, I might as well do it in style.

The construction of this tomato pie was a lot better than Gino's East, it held together even when you pulled a "slice" from it. Gino's shit was oozing all over the place. I had one slice and I was done. It's an absolute gut bomb... But it tasted pretty good. The stringy cheese had nice pull and softness, the tomato sauce could use more seasoning for a more zesty flavor because there is just way too much dough/breading which was pretty much flavorless except for the outside part where they brush the butter on. No wonder why obeast midwesterners love these things... They're great padding and insulation for the harsh midwest weather because... Winter is coming.

Like I said before, deep dish just ain't my thang. It ain't pizza. It's a lazy man's pie. Who fucking eats pizza with utensils? It's like George Constanza eating his dessert, a Snickers Bar, with a knife and fork. But this shit will fill you up for a week and put 10 pounds on your ass instantly, as if this fat fuck really needs to go shopping for size 46 pants... Who am I kidding, I should just wear a moo-moo from now on... So the kids don't get scared of my stretch marks because that shit looks like Godzilla used my muffin top as a scratching post. Jesus, I need to go on a diet, but that wouldn't be fair to my one reader who depends on the Pouch for all that's fit to eat.

4629 Wieuca Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342
https://www.rosatispizza.com/location/atlanta-ga/

1 comment:

ErsinCe said...

Thank you for sharing I read with pleasure
We wrote the characteristics of chicken and Fizan chicken.
Fizan tavuğu
Zibrit