Monday, April 23, 2018

Ruchi Bangladeshi Cuisine

On a recent Friday night, I was drinking whiskey alone in my underpants and tube socks while watching Deadpool... Seriously, true story... And it was not a pretty sight, that's why I never turn on the lights. My tiny dump was as dark as the catacombs of Paris. I can't wait for Deadpool 2 to come out... But, for now, I have to settle for watching DP1 over and over again, kinda like how I cry myself to sleep night after night... And asking myself on a daily basis, where did I go wrong in life and how did I get so fat? I can relate to Deadpool's cab driver, Dopinder, and his love for Gita like the pouch's love for Popeyes. And love is a beautiful thing. When you find it, the whole world taste like spicy fwied cheekan. So you gotta hold onto that crispy thigh... Tight. And never let go unless it's down your piehole. Don't make the same mistakes the pouch made with Church's and KFC. Got it? Or else the whole world tastes like Mama June after hot yoga. And what does Miss Mama June taste like? Like two hobos fucking in a shoe filled with piss.
Speaking of hot yoga... The pouch can't live on Popeyes alone... Or can it? But on this night the pouch gots the hankering for something spicy and Indian... And I'm not talking about that crafty Bandhu who stole Gita's heart and my box of Popeyes when I wasn't looking. I'm talking about Ruchi Bangladeshi grubbery... Ok, it's not exactly Indian chow technically but close enough. I needed something fiery to spice up my busy Friday night... What? It could happen, the pouch has friends. I don't care what the experts say, imaginary ones do count.
Located in the same space as Rose of India... And with the same exact decor in the same exact spots. Seriously, they didn't make any changes after they took over... Except for the menu. I had no complaints with Rose of India's food but it was nothing craveworthy enough that I had to put it on my rotation, either. But I heard decent things about Ruchi's grub that I had to check it out for myself... It's about time, pouch, you're losing your touch with reporting all that's fit to eat to your one reader. Well, if y'all were as morbidly obeast as I am, then you would know that heavy set people don't move much except to lean to one side to fart... I'm sure my one fan will understand. It takes a lot these days to get me motivated to report back on the new restos because they all sound so generic. Just the same shit wrapped in a different packaging. I read these new restos' menus and I fall asleep... But don't get me wrong, I have been eating out... A lot. I just don't have the time to write them all up because of my fat stubby sausage fingaz. But enough with the words coming outta your mouth, let's get some grub in your mouth, pouch...

Papadum. A nice little freebie treat to start off with. They were crackly and gave something to play with while you waited for your food. The tamarind chutney was a bit on the sweet side but it was way better than the green chutney that was bland as fuck. Let me channel my inner Yelper for a second... If it's fwee, it's for meeee! Next...

Vegetable Shingaara. Triangular puffed pastry stuffed with cubed potatoes, green peas, carrots & mildly spiced herbs. Just fucking call them samosas... Because that's what they really are. And they were pretty sizable like my grandpa's saggy sack hanging out of his shorts. They looked great but what ruined the presentation was that sad ass limp salad. Why, Dopinder, why? Let's take a closer look at this specimen. 

Nice and chunky on inside and the taste was full of flavor which was a nice surprise... And there's that fucking bland ass green chutney making another appearance. Replace it with the sweet tamarind chutney and you'll be ok. It's a worthy snack, I won't make fun of the roundeyes for getting it... Or even eating that pathetic salad.

Chicken 65. Spicy, deep-fried appetizer with chicken slices marinated with garlic & ginger; stir-fried and slightly sautéed with green chili, curry leaves, & special sauce. That was a mouthful wasn't it? And it sure was... It was tasty enough that I couldn't stop eating it. It wasn't spicy but it was pretty addictive... It's not as good as Kabab Express' wet version but this will do. They came out nice and hot, made to order and not straight from the microwave. Don't jinx yourself, pouch...

Naga Morich with lamb... Negasonic Mutton Warhead what? Super spicy Bangladeshi dish with ‘Naga Morich Achaar’ (spicy pickled green chili), garlic, & other spices & herbs. That's a bold claim motherfuckers... Don't ever call anything "super spicy" without the blessing of the pouch. I'll be the judge of this super spicy dish. It kinda looked like Dinty Moore's beef stew at first glance... Until I took a whiff of it. Could it be as spicy as they say? Spooned up a good bit of it on top of the Baashmoti Polao rice and took a nice big bite... C'mon, yo, it ain't that spicy. Oh, pouch, give it a minzie before you speak... And then it hits. A couple of sweat beads started sliding down my topographical mapped face. What's this? Something worthy of praise by the pouch? Perhaps... I will need to eat more before my final verdict. After a few more spoonfuls of the sauce and chunky pieces of lamb... The pouch decrees that this is worthy. It was not as super spicy as stated but I guarantee you that it will be more than most people can handle. This is a warning for all the roundeyes that may be tempted to try this... I had to use a napkin to wipe off some sweat from my fat face. And that says a lot for their execution of this dish... Not too shabby. I wished I had a mango lassi to cool the heat down... Where the fuck are you Mirza? Oh, wait, that's Panahar.

Garlic Naan. Ahh, naan to the rescue to soak up all the Naga Morich Achaar brewing in my bowels. It's a pretty good garlic naan... Well, shit, for $3, it better be.

Dharosh Bhaji. Fresh sliced ‘Dharosh’ (okra) sautéed with ginger, garlic, tomatoes, grilled onion and other spices. They looked burnt at first glance but they were not at all... They may have been purple okra. The dish was pretty good and it's a good contrast to the spicy lamb dish. 

Baashmoti Polao Rice. The perfect vehicle for spicy and saucy dishes.

I didn't know what to expect when I first walked in because there were no ex-pats or brownies eating in here... They were so happy to see me because I look like a Mexican and I was the brownest person to walk in. The only group in the entire joint was a pack of middle-aged single white female office workers getting together after work to complain about work because they are damaged goods and no man will have them. Jesus Christ, pouch, you are so fucking mean! Yeah, so, but not as mean as my Arby's Venison Sandwich review. Don't worry, no one's feelings are being hurt if no one reads this garbage... But that entire table of wrinkled hags were totally unbangable even with the lights off and downing a bot of brown juice. Why am I still doing this blog, again? This is the stupidest blog on the internet and there are a shitload of stupid shit on the worldwideweb. Lucky for me, I only have one reader... The rest of the counter is me re-reading this post to make sure Yelp didn't ban me. But as for this joint, it's worth a visit and I would have no problem going back for a revisit... Maybe with people even next time. How much do friends cost again? Who can use a $1.78 in change...

4847 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30341
http://ruchiatlanta.com/

3 comments:

JFM said...

The fart line got me. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Decent buffet there too

—your only reader

Anonymous said...

LMFAO!!! I'm the owner of RUCHI and i loved this post. Had me crying of tears. Please reveal yourself and come have a free meal here. I applaud you.