Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tortas Factory Del DF

This corner strip mall is pretty much overlooked with all the other stuff going on around here... Most people aren't looking for Mexi-grub, they are figuring out which Korean/Asian joint to eat at. I don't remember what was here before but I have been watching this place for awhile since I drive by here on a weekly basis. Any time I see the word "Torta", I get a small blood flow in my chode... Not that anyone would notice, even if I was nekid. They finally opened not too long ago but I wasn't rushing all the way over here just to get a torta. I kept saying I'll get here when I get here... But I drove by it like 3 separate times forgetting it was now open since it always looked closed because no one was in there. I finally made it a point to go inside and see what the fuss was about.
The space is clean and modern but it feels empty and not fully finished on the build... But the pouch doesn't care about ambiance, it cares about what it can stuff in it's snout. They got tacos, sopes, flautas, huaraches, quesadillas, enchiladas, fajitas, burritos and pambazos... That's a handful of options for a small place that just opened... But I was here for what the joint was named after... Tortas, motherfuckers. Pouch needs comida pronto...

Al Pastor. This $2 taco is pretty small but the flavor packs a big punch... Well, that was also due to the salsa roja where the heat sneaks up on you after a few seconds. The double ply corn tortillas kept all the goodies intact even if the taco was only about 3 bites. It's a decent taco but I still love the taco joint in Plaza Fiesta where most tacos were under a dollar for years and now they are $1.50 but still a helluva deal. I got this taco as an appetizer to get the pouch properly lubed and in da mood before the main event...

I ordered a torta but it looks like a giant baked potato... It's so shiny. Time to unwrap this motherfucker... Don't fail me now, cabron!

Torta Cubana.This beast was glorious and all this was just $6... Not too shabby. They make the bread next door at Panaderia del Valle Bakery which were pillowy footballs. They stuff these bread pouches with a good heaping of goodies inside and the pouch will soon be stuffed inside as well. This torta was pretty legit and I will be back to try the other tortas, especially, the pambazo on the next visit... The tacos not so much.

5781 Buford Hwy
Suite 101
Atlanta, GA 30340

No comments: