Friday, June 2, 2017

Thank U Chicken

The KFC fad has came and went but the pouch is always on the look out for any type of fwied cheekan... It does not discriminate, it is very tolerant and inclusive when it comes to yardbirds. There are still a bunch of places that does KFC but they grew tiresome over time. But a relatively new cheekan spot opened up next door to Honey Pig about 6 months ago... I have driven by it a few times but it never seemed crowded inside even with their giant blinding purple-ish neon sign while Honey Pig had lines out the door and people loitering outside in their make shift patio space. At night time on the weekends, this strip mall is packed to the bowl cut with fobby youngsters hanging out in front of all the shops except for this cheekan shack... Shit, if these useless rich fob kids ain't gathered around a KFC joint then you know this has jumped the shark. But for the pouch, it doesn't care about what fobby kids and society think about KFC, I still like it and plus... This fat fuck can't jump over a Tic Tac to save it's life, let alone over a shark on water skis. Let's go waddle inside for a quick bite before my dinner party gets to Honey Pig...

Banchan? Not really... It's just a couple of random pickled veggie shit they plop down in front of your snout to be polite. Let's pretend you're getting your money's worth with this value added feed.

Beef Jjapcahe Bop. It sounded so good on paper but when this came out... It looked like a filthy baseball mitt with a softball in it. It just looked so dull, I wished they put a little more color in it like a few strips of red pepper or something. But the important thing is the taste... It wasn't bad but it didn't give me a blood flow either. The beef was a bit tough and chewy but the sweet tater noodles were pretty good with the sauce even though it was a bit too runny... But that's what the huge ball of rice is for, to soak up all that brown juice... I should try that in my toilet next time I eat a giant bowl of chili. It was a nice dish to try out once but I will not be ordering this again... It just wasn't that good. But this place is not known for their bops anyways... Let's just get to the main event.

And here it is... The spread. I got the half and half platter and it came with a shitload of grub. This may be the first time in my entire existence that a server with a straight face said to me when I told her what I wanted, "Wooh, that's a lot of food. Are you sure?" I looked her straight in her eyes and then down to her phantom padded boobs and then back to her eyes since there was really nothing on her chest to talk to... "Ugh, yeah, I know... Just put the goddamn order in." She made me feel like such a piece of meat... While I watched her jiggled her ass around the corner and disappeared into the kitchen. They got some pretty hot mouthy fobs working in here...Let's break this bitch down shall we? I meant the food on the table... I'll run down the server in the bathroom later.

Onion Rings, Chips, Fried Gizzards and Cream Corn. So, the platter gives you a bunch of fried shit... The gizzards are chopped up so small that once you batter and deep fry it it turns into nothing except extra crunchy pebbles. The hand cut chips woulda been good if there weren't all stuck together when they threw it into the fryer. The onions were quite decent and crispy. The creamed corn thinger was just weird to be placed in the center of all this fried shit... Doesn't really off set all the grease, not that it was greasy but you fuckers know what I mean. It wasn't bad it's just kinda weird to see American-ish food with the platter.

Also comes with some cold spicy noodles. I liked this. It was kinda refreshing and acted like a palate cleanser.

Half Thank U Chicken. Jesus Christ, that portion is huge... And that's only one half of it. This is their house recipe... No need to adjust the picture here... The fried chicken is suppose to be white-ish. They have an original fried chicken version that is more normal golden brown color but I wanted to see what their house fwied cheekan was... It's crispy and crunchy alright and fucking steaming hot inside. Definitely made to order which is real nice. I don't know if I'm in like with their house batter/coating because I definitely don't love it... It's kinda like a dusting and a bit powdery on the crust, not that it's like a big poof of flour or something, it's just kinda built into the crust. Speaking of the crust, it's a little bit thicker than I like it to be, not that it was bad... I just prefer a thinner crust on the KFC as with all my fried chicken. You get more crunch but you also get more coating and have to work your way into the flesh itself. It's a good KFC but not craveworthy enough for me to want it again the next day... And you will have leftovers with the amount of chicken they give you.

Half Yang Nyum Chicken (sweet & spicy sauce). The portion on the other half is just as large as the first half... They don't fuck around here, they make sure you get fed. One look and I already knew this wasn't gonna be spicy. Just because it's bright reddish orange doesn't mean it's hot... It was more on the sweet side with a hint of spicy finish. The batter/crust on this was the original fried chicken style which I kinda preferred better. Next time around, I need to try the original version alone... And maybe the ultra messy spicy fried chicken which is just loaded with a bunch of shit on top. This version is not bad but I woulda got it naked with the sauce on the side then it doesn't get all soggy and lose that all important crunch.

I like this place but I'm not rushing back week after week, either. It's not the best KFC I have had but with all the other KFC joints kinda slacking off over time, this place may be up there on the list just because they make it to order... And that on some level is more important than getting a properly executed KFC that has been sitting around under a heat lamp waiting on the order. Come to think of it, they also have a rotisserie version... Hmm, I might need to try that one as well... And the soy sauce chicken and the Korean street chicken, too. Shit, that is basically all the fried chicken they offer here. Fuck it, when the same server hands me the menu, I'll just say 'Yes, pweez." and don't give me any fucking commentary that hints at that I may be a bit rotund... The pouch is not fat, it's my gas tank to my love machine. Now, shut up and wait for me in the bathroom and I may let you twist my throttle... And no, it's not a mini bike... My stout pouch just makes everything look smaller than it is. Vroom vroom... Squirt.


3473 Old Norcross Rd
Duluth, GA 30096

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fearless Leader:

Korean Fried Chicken is overrated.

Love,

Your Number One Fan

Anonymous said...

also, best wings in metro area, plus a killer off menu cheese steak

run FL, run

http://chasesgrilleandwingery.com/