Thursday, February 16, 2017

Best BBQ Dim Sum Part 2

The banner is still up, so that's a good sign... "The Best Dim Sum is Back!" and it sho' was on my initial visit. Now, it's time for a revisit to see if it was a fluke or not inside this reincarnated Asian Supermarket that looks exactly the same as before. I know they got the talent to put out the best dimz around... But that's not really a difficult feat in this town. Have y'all eaten at the handful of long running dim sum joints lately? Jesus, they all fucking suck ass... Big time. I can find better dim sum at The Halal Guys. Oriental Pearl, which was always a good go to spot for dim sum, got on my shit list for awhile but now they are coming back around with semi-acceptable dim sum. Canton House, Royal China, East Pearl, Golden House, etc etc... Are all still a waste of time, money and pouch space. So, how does a tiny food court Chino BBQ hole in the wall pump out such incredible little treasures from the heart? I don't fucking know but who cares... If the shit is good, I'm all over it like white on rice noodles. Let's see go give them the litmus test...

Lo Bak Go (turnip), Har Gao (shrimp), Shumai (pork), Ngau Bak Yip (tripe). The first thing I noticed was the har gaos, holy shit, they were huge... They're back, baby! More on the infamous har gaos later... But let's check out the other facehole stuffing vittles. The turnip cakes were really good, nice crispy sear on the outside and smooth and velvety turnip on the inside, great flavor, too. The shumais were huge as well and they were so plump and moist, one of the best showing in this town. The tripe... Oh, the tripe... Piled high as fuck, steaming hot and ultra tender with a wonderful sauce, it coulda been a bit spicier but the seasoning was so good that you didn't even notice the lack of heat from the missing jalapenos. They are fucking killing it so far, yo... I mean like really good. How long can this dream last...

Har Gao. Look at these giant motherfuckers... Even a well seasoned hooker couldn't get two of them in her cheeks but maybe perhaps in between her butt cheeks like a chipmunk. These giant shrimp filled dumps are fucking back alright, these thing were made to order perfectly... Ginormous shrimp and shrimp paste filling inside a perfectly thin translucent skin. You can't be anymore spot on than this specimen. If I had balls that were as big and succulent as these babies, imagine what the pouch could accomplish for mankind... Ok, prolly not much except eat an entire family size box of Popeyes on the couch while watching Marley & Me and then cry myself to sleep. Yes, I'm not only a crass mofo but also kinda pathetic with a soft spot for Owen Wilson's crooked schnozz... But doesn't that Marley puppy look dericious or is it just me...

Pai Gwut. I rarely get these steamed ribs because they are usually so chewy, little meat and full of bone shards. But these came out ridiculously good looking and meaty that I couldn't resist gnawing on a few of them just to see what the fuss was all about. Damn, they were good... I might even order them again in the future.

Chive Baos. I'm usually on the fence with these Green Giant balls but they were filled with a lot of fresh fragrant chives and good portion of savory pork morsels... Not too shabby.

Shrimp Cheong Fun. I have always fucking love these things since I was a pocket pouch... The rice noodle rolls could be filled with anything and they would be good. The shrimp used in here were the same size as the har gao... They gotta be like 26-30 or larger. The rice noodle was perfectly steamed and the sweeten soy was freshly made and sweetened the rice noodles perfectly. But I usually like to drown those fuckers in there.

Beef Cheong Fun. Just like the shrimp ones above, the beef was just as good. Perfectly steamed and the seasoned minced beef was just right. Damn, I gobbled these up like there was no tomorrow, too... I also drown the har gaos in the sweet soy, too. So, what? Don't be so intolerant... Dumps Trumps Hate. 

Ham Sui Gok. These came out ridiculously hot, fresh out of the fryer... They are larger than most places and you need to let these cool down for like 5 minzies or else you will burn your face off. It was filled with a good amount of savory pork bits as well, ultra crispy crust with a perfect pull on the glutenous dough ball. I friggin lurv these things.

Lo Mai Gai. These glutenous rice sacks were filled with chicken, pork and chinese sausage. I liked how they give you two smaller pouches instead of one giant one, so they can steam faster and better to share with others or just eat one and take one home... Like I did. Fuck the other people, they can get their owns.

Wu Gok. I waited and waited for these to come... They are the true test of a skilled dim sum joint. Fuck me, look at these beautiful bastards. Look at how flaky they are, it's like they're reaching for the sky in an armed robbery... And I'm gonna take everything you got, bitches! They were so goddamn plump and filled with more of that savory pork kibbles inside. The taro ball was firm but yet supple when bit into and the flaky crust is just damn perfect. There was no grease factor, either. It was totally worth the wait.

These dirty motherfuckers did it again... I don't know how they got such bad health scores in the past at their main location in the Great Wall market that shuttered their dim sum empire... But who fucking cares, yo. Their little sister location is closer to town and there was no line on this visit, not even a small crowd nearing towards noon on a Sunday... Which was unfathomable and totally fine by me. I fucking hate people watching the pouch eat with looks of disgust and revolt on their fat faces. But if they did, I don't care no how because the best dim sum is back and it's giving me a major blood flow, yo.

Pump pump... Squirt.

5150 Buford Hwy NE
B-199
Doraville, GA 30340

1 comment:

Pinky said...

F-me the shumai reminded me of oriental pearl in the early 90s