Monday, December 5, 2016

Spicy Shin Ramyun Fried Chicken

I usually never post anything that I cook because it's pretty fucking pathetic... But everybody and their moms have been bastardizing anything and everything with ramen... Ramen burger, ramen taco, ramen waffle, ramen grilled cheese, ramen pizza, ramen omelet, ramen frittata, ramen scallion pancake, ramen snack mix, ramen paella, ramen mac & cheese, ramen burrito, ramen cottage pie, etc etc... I have even seen a dildo made out of ramen. For fuck sake, does anyone ever just eat ramen as it was meant for anymore? Prolly only college students because they're poor and stupid. So, with all the hype about ramen this and ramen that... I'm gonna see if I'm actually missing out on something here. I'm gonna attempt a ramen fried chicken... I thought about using thighs but I had wings in the fridge... Plus, wings are a better test subject for this ridiculous experiment. Ok, let's get our hands and pouch dirty and make some Corean ramyun fwied cheekan...

So, I used a pack of Spicy Shin Ramyn... I buy these in bulk because they are just plain good, quick and easy for a light snack before dinner. Blend the shit outta them in a food processor, I wished I had a robot-coupe because a regular processor took forever to grind that shit down to flour form. But once you get it to a good consistency, I like it with some small pebble texture for that extra crunch, add the spicy soup base packet and also the garnish packet. Give it a quick turn in the processor and you got yourself the ramen flour. Add more shit into it if you want more spice or what the fuck not.


Next, I brined the wings for 24 hours in a simple salt and water mix with herbs and other seasonings. I would use like a 1/6 to 1/8 salt to water mix or else it will become to salty. You can also add some sugar into the brine. Set up your paner a l'anglaise before frying... You know, flour, egg wash, bread crumbs aka ramen mix. You can parboil, steam or just fry the wings raw if you wanted to... I parboiled/simmered the wings in half brine/water, so I don't have to keep it in the fryer for too long and over brown the crust. Just simmer until it's not raw inside. Bread it and fry the mothercluckers a few minzies until it's golden brown but not too dark. You can do a double fry technique like in a Corean fwied cheekan but since I already pre-cooked them, there was no need to do a second fry. They were more than crispy enough.

Look at these beauties... Now, for the taste test... Crunch crunch. How is this possible? This Ramyun fwied cheekan was Damyun tasty! I actually cooked something that didn't wanna make me barf... Like that time when I thought a turducken burger between two bear claws would be a good idea with SPAM fries. Make whatever sauce you want, I just used some bhut jolokia sauce that I made. But you really don't need anything else because it's seasoned on the inside and outside already.

Go git ya some, cocksuckers... I got a mouth full of cocks and it's heaven, heaven, baybee!

No comments: