Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi

Sushi and Orlando just doesn't sound right together... All I can think of is a California roll with Mickey Mouse ears on it and paying $28 for this garbage. So, there's an area called "Doctor Phillips" near Orlando.... Only in Florida where they will name an area after a Doctor. I wished Michigan had an area called "Doctor Detroit", the city of badass pimps, that would be so rad. But Dr. Phillips has a resto called Dragonfly Modern Izakaya & Sushi but they have now changed the name to Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi. Sushi is one thing but an Izakaya down here? Do they even know what the fuck an Izakaya is? I can understand why they changed the name to robata now. And don't even fucking ask where the flat top and onion volcano is, let alone if there is an egg in your toque... Just don't. It's robata not teppan or as whities would like to think hibachi. The name may have changed but the menu have stayed pretty much the same... Like their two other locations. Let's take a look at the Izakaya, err, I mean tapas... I know it's prolly gonna be gaijin as fuck but what the hell, I need some new beat off material for this ridiculously crass blog... And I'm down in Florida to get it. Pathetic, yes... Let's see if this joint is as pitiful as the pouch. I'm just gonna let the pics speak for itself... WTF? The cheekan lips has nothing to say? Just be glad for some peace and quiet... Enjoy the silence, break the fasting..


Sake Blossom and Bloody Hot Haraguchi.

Wakame.

Crunch Roll.

Box Sushi, tuna and salmon.

Chicken Thigh Karaage.

Spicy Kobachi Handroll.

Crispy Pig Ears.

Garlic Crab Fried Rice.

Steamed Buns, braised ribs and braised pork belly.

 Hamachi Kama. I must say this was surprisingly well executed.

Satori, snow crab delight, scallion, green & red bell pepper, cilantro, avocado, yellowtail, garlic chip, jalapeƱo, garlic sauce.

Pork Cheek.

Beef Tongue.

Duck.

Jesus, this fat fuck did it again... You can't just eat one... Can you, pouch? You gotta order half the menu. But it was worth it... It ain't the best Izakaya but they're trying for where they are located. I think it's cute they're bringing more adventurous Japanese cuisine to the Florida crackers. I liked what they're trying to do here, so... Carry on. I might even make another appearance the next time I'm down here with Doctor Detroit... And Mom.


7972 Via Dellagio Way
Orlando, FL 32819

http://www.dragonflyrestaurants.com/orlando-florida/

No comments: