Friday, July 31, 2015

MF Sushi Revisit

Looks like one of my two readers have been noticing that the pouch has been slumming it in redneck townie joints lately... I say that is totally spot on. In order to appreciate the finer things in life, you have to troll the bottom of the barrel once in awhile. It will make you a better feeder. They say that what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger... The pouch says the slop that makes me regurgitate will only make me hungry again. I actually like going to dives to see how the other side lives... Shit, who am I trying to fool. I am a fucking townie... Bless his heart. So is everyone else, they just pretend to be fancy and pretty and that their brown eye doesn't reek like Sarlacc's pit. I had seen models in the morning do shit in the bathroom that could make a billy goat puke... They look like that demonic bitch with the long black hair in The Ring, all boney and shit in their moo-moo's taking the unholiest of holy shits... How? They don't eat shit, must be all that juice crap. Speaking of skinny... This fat fuck needs to lay off the 'ZA and wings for a day or two and eat some grub that makes the Japs so skinny. Sooshee time!

Just eat whatever they put in front of your snout... Is my motto. I call this crap in a sauce dish but it was pretty tasty, it had some fried fish in with the pickled stuffed. Fuck this shit, just get me a drink, she-model server!

Soft Shell Crab. This is one of the best soft shell crab in this town. Delicate, crispy and you can taste the crab itself because it's not caked with a heavy batter like most places. Really nice.

Black Cod. The famous dish found all over in the higher end sooshee joints. This version did not disappoint. Tender flaky flesh, silky skin, really nice flavors all around but it coulda used more miso.

Shishito Pepper. Grilled robata style, the char and little blisters on the peppers were damn good. The smokiness gives these peppers great flavor but it needed a little salt to balance it out. 

Sake Signature. C'mon, caviar and truffle on salmon... What's not to like, dudebro? Shit is fancy and dericious like my edible undies.

Osaka Box Style Roll. Toro, masago, scallion, srircha. My 2 fans know that I'm not a roll person, but I had to get the only box style roll on the menu. And this was not bad at all, I liked it a lot... Could it have been the TORO?

Omakase. So, I wanted to sample the omakase and they said to come in on a Tuesday or Thursday for the full selection of fishes. Tried the $75 and this was the first plate. The color is beautiful and the selection was pretty nice. The slices of the whiter fish were pretty thin so they tore apart when you tried to pick it up. But the otoro was really nice, buttery and melted in your mouth... May I have some more, pweez...

Second plate of the omakase... Otoro was the first one and damn that was nice once again. Then you have a couple different salmons, Scottish and fatty. Then madai and hamachi. All these were high quality but I really didn't need 2 salmons. I wanted something more special with an omakase. No soy sauce needed for this part of the omakase, it's already sauced.

And the final plate... Wagyu, flounder, shima-aji. The wagyu was pretty amazing. It was a pretty thin slice but damn that truffle flavor on top was sick. The flounder was nice but the shima-aji was really nice. Once again, no soy sauce needed.

This entry level omakase seemed a little light on the portion and selection but the quality was top notch. For $75, you're paying for the quality not the quantity...But I like mass quantities of dericious raw fish. I know I know, I shoulda just got the $125 omakase and really judge it based on that. I will be back soon and doing the omakase only... But it is so hard to resist all the other goodies on the menu! This place ain't cheap but it also isn't the way-over-the-top MF from the old days either. This reincarnation is not that overpriced and pretentious joint anymore. The service is mixed but what do you expect from servers that look like models on a cat walk? They are focusing all their attention on walking! Give them some slack... I'll give them something, alright. Squirt.

MF is back motherfuckers and they can finger my facehole with their quality fishes anytime.
 
299 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30307
(678) 575-7890
http://mfsushiusa.com/portfolio/mf-ushi-atlanta/ 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sushi pas pour moi but soft shell crab around the corner....yes, please.

Yours truly,

reader #1 or #2 or maybe I'm both.

Anonymous said...

you are 1 and i am the number 2 who complained about the pizza and wing posts. say you lived right around the corner from mf -- would you rather walk down and spend the $75, or drive 30 mins up to art-san's place and drop $75 there?

Gastronome said...

$75 can get you a real nice spread at hayakawa, huku, shoya, kang nam...shit, almost anywhere that is not in hipster central or buckhead. art is awesome at sooshee but he's even awesomer at karaoke and slamming down booze... we even made out once at melody next door.
ps- i like comments that bitches more than i do, then i know i'm doing my job as a ballbuster. bravo

Stephie Z said...

So what you're saying is $75 at sushi house is a better dealio )

jake said...

we should have a meetup of the pouches. you know, to shit on townie dumps together and collectively mouthgasm at the finer establishments

Pinky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.