Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tanuki Pouch

When the fluffy obeast raccoon dog with the oversized cojones gets a hankering for raw pink smooth flesh that smells like the sea... It doesn't go to the Pony, it goes to sushi joints where the chefs have the skills of a Rabbi.. Slicing and dicing away delicate flesh from today's catch or whatever is on the back of a Sysco truck. Let's take a look at what this rat dog have been stuffing in his giant sack..

Shoya.
This joint is the original izakaya and still the king in Atlanta. They are constantly packed with ex-pats and now there's a good mix of whities who actually found a palate for tasty grubbage. I usually get a seat quickly but I would hate waiting around for one.. But have no fear, they are opening a second location intown. Shit, did I say that out loud? But I won't tell you where it is, I'm just glad they're replacing a place that I found disappointing on every visit but others raved about it because they don't know any better. Nevermind that, just look at the pretty pics...

Baby Shrimp. Sometimes, I feel like a whale (besides looking like one) and want to eat like one. This dish makes my fucked up dreams come true.

Ankimo. Monkfish liver... Foie gras of the sea with the face only a mother could love. Luckily, we're not eating the face.. But I hear that the monkfish's mouth is a good replacement for an apple pie.

Soft Shell Crab. Always a favorite here. Can't go wrong with this little crispy ocean nugget.

Fried Stingray. This is a recent addition to the menu. I liked these a lot. They're like little fish chips.

Fish Cake. Different version from their original which were better. These were ok, I wouldn't order these again.

Sashimi Deluxe. This is why I come here. This is the first thing I order, wait, Hiroshi already knows to start making this when I walk in because I order it every time. I love the presentation and the assortment. It's pretty fucking radical. It's not the highest grade (damn good, tho) but the pretty colors make up for it. The best ginger in town which you have to ask for.

Sweet Shrimp Heads. After sucking out the raw brains from these lil beauties, they're off to the fryer with the tails shoved up their cranium. The results are glorious...

Behold, the fried heads of Shoya. I could eat these alone and be happy.. Once, I even sought out for leftover scraps from amateur eaters at the bar and when they weren't looking I snagged a few heads... I know what you're saying, what a disgusting motherfucker but hey, once it's deep fried in 350 degree oil bath, it's just as good as if it came from my piehole.


Sushi Avenue.
Decatur is not really the place for quality sushi but when you're fucking sloshed from multiple Jack-n-Coke slushies and the pouch is in the mood for some Asian persuasion.. Since there's no legit massage parlors around here parts, this will have to do.

Sushi Combo. Look, it's ain't the prettiest or tastiest... Kinda looks like last night's Master Chef Junior tag team sushi challenge. But it's either this or a fucking burrito next door... Since, I really don't want to shit my pants with hot chicks around, I'll take this any day.

Shrimp and Veggie Tempura. It's fried and I'm drunk... What can go wrong?

The accoutrements... Crappy side salad and fake miso soup. Be gone with it, wench!

When I come.. Here. I like to finish off with some milky substance in my mouth. And yes, I did swallow.


Nori Nori.
The monthly piglet convention reconvened here again with the unlimited consumption of mass quantities of raw fishery.

Look at the color of the tuna. Tis was good... And I only did the 2 finga diet in the bathroom once. My mom must be so proud of me. Burp.


I got home and looked in the mirror after the gorge fest at Nori Nori... I finally realized that I'm no Brad Pitt. Time to make like Luca Brasi... And cry myself to sleep with the fishes.

No comments: