Monday, August 19, 2013

Shoya Revisit

I love this place but I haven't been back in awhile... So, it was about time to see what's new with this izakaya. The gaijins have definitely found out about this place now... I hope they didn't crackerize the grub. Let's grab a couple of snacks before dinner... Check out the action shots with my new rotary phone.

Koebi Karaage. Fried baby shrimp... the real popcorn shrimp. Addictive like Popeyes, almost.

Tako Sunomono. Who doesn't like octopus and seaweed. C'mon, puh-leez. Squat and gobble.

Sashimi Deluxe. I always get this. Always. And it's always good. The selection and freshness is very good. The sweet shrimp (amaebi) is always a favorite with the fried heads afterwards.

This was a rice dish that someone ordered. The rice was a bit crispy on the bottom with this super savory and homey thick broth/stew thingy on top with mushrooms, noodles, veggies, and lord knows what else... Is my dog in there? I hope so because he is a dericious lil motherfucker.

Soft Shell Crab. If I see it on the menu, I eat it. This did not disappoint. Light, crispy batter and tender sweet crabby inside.

Salmon Kama. A little change from my favorite hamchi kama... It was pretty good, prepared the same way but I prefer the hamachi kama.

Tempura Udon. Pretty much standard issue here... Not gonna blow your mind but it's soothing comfort food.

This place still rocks... Didn't expect any less from these hard working guys. They never take off and consistently put out good grub day in and day out.

Ok, I'm ready for dinner now.


6035 Peachtree Rd
Doraville, GA 30360 770-457-5555
http://www.shoyaatlanta.com/

No comments: