Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yakiniku Takashi

Only in NYC is where one can find a place solely dedicated on serving internal organs. It's almost like dissecting a big ass bull frog in biology class but much tastier... Well, those Duck Dynasty necktards might actually prefer the frog instead. This little shop has been the shit around town for awhile and there's no signs of it slowing down in popularity. Bottomline: I fucking lurv this joint because it triple dog dares me to consume some pretty radical pieces of offal, not like I haven't eaten almost every part of an animal before. Wait, I have eaten every single part of an animal, I feel so Hannibal-esque. Let's take a peek at a few samples anyways...

Steak Tartare with quail egg.
This generous basemeatball sized of raw beef was amazing and got me excited when it was put in front of my snout. It was so fresh that parts of it were still pulsating... Or was that the organ in my pants? That's edible too, ladies.

 
Grandmom's Steamed Beef Shank Buns w/ Spicy Mayo
I get suckered in for these "make your own" buns every time! That beef shank made from his grandma's cankles are da bomb.

 
Testicargot (cow balls escargot style with garlic shiso butter)
 Not a very pleasing presentation but who cares about that when you have buttery balls in your hole. Wouldn't it be fun if they served it in a fleshy sack and you have to bob for them? Never mind me, I was just "brain" storming.

 
Tsurami (Don't get cheeky with me or I'll slap ya with them tongs... They have some kick ass tongs. Want)

60 seconds on each side and boom, you're ready to chow down like Lecter.

 
Horumon-Moriawase (chef’s selection) consisted of Kimo (liver), Shibire (sweetbreads), Hatsu (heart), Mino (first stomach) and Akasen (fourth stomach)
This was heaven but without the 72 virgins..Isn't that offal?

I really enjoy this place, it's not a place you'll come every week but once a month to get your fill of ultra fresh innards and high quality kobe grilled to your liking. By the time I was done eating, I was so over loaded with bloody organs in my pouch that I had to waddle it outta there. My BMI says I'm obeast, so what? Have a heart... Ok, if you insist. Perhaps with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Burp.

3 Stars.

456 Hudson St.
New York, NY 10014
(212) 414-2929
http://takashinyc.com/

No comments: