Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Brush Sushi Izakaya Revisit

After visiting the Disney of sushi at Kula Revolting Sushi Bar... I needed some real shit to cover up that sad carousel of warm fish swimming around in the pouch. Top grade sushi is not hard to find in this town but you will pay the price for it... Like at Umi or Tomo. But there's really no need to fight the Buckhead traffic and the Buckhead Army for top notch sushi anymore these days... Brush has been my go to fancypants sooshee joint since they opened. The word is out on their excellent sushi but it's still a destination spot for most people, so it's not super crowded all the time... Which is great for the pouch because it never knows when it's in the mood for sooshee.
So, I was headed to Victory and SOS Tiki Bar for a night of boozing but I walked passed Brush and the pouch instantly had an itch for sushi or it could be from the lack of underpants. That marsupial pouch has no rhyme or reason for instant cravings... It eats with it's eyes first. So, I turned around and walked in and sat at the sushi bar so I can make faces at Jason while he's slicing fish to test his focus and knife skills without cutting himself. I promised myself that I would not over eat and not over order because I had dinner plans later on (like in an hour)... I think the pouch did good on self control on this visit and saved some room for my other rez later on. Let's take a gander on the goods...

Braised Tuna. A tasty little treat if you're sitting at the sushi bar to pump your facehole up for the grub to be had.

Salmon Tartare. One of their nightly specials... I don't usually go for chopped up salmon because you know it's all the left over trimmings that needs to be sold but how do you present it to sheeple is the real trick... And I got suckered in. Nice presentation and tasted pretty pretty pretty guud.

Soft Shell Crab. If you ask nicely, they might just fry up a plump, crunchy and juicy soft shell crab without being put inside a roll or some other contraption to restrict it's glory... They have freed the boobs, now it's time to free the crabs. Squirt... of lemon, pweez.

Brush Platter. The omakase is great here but sometimes you just don't want to eat that much or spend that much... So, my omakase substitute and go to dish is this classic sampler platter... There is more than enough variety to satisfy the pouch's needs and craving. It was a pretty amazing spread of non-traditional fish that most other joints won't have in their inventory.

Snow Crab Chawanmushi. It's not a difficult dish to make but it does take time to steam it right... And this came out pretty damn good. You have to eat your way down to get to the prize which is the snow crab... Free the crabs!

Scallop Roe (male and female). Feed me and call me Norman... Wait, don't call me Norman, call me Chubsy Ubsy. Look at this ridiculous display of female and male scallop roe that even Miss Crabtree would swallow... I'm all up on the crab theme today. Y'all know that the pouch swallowed it all and asked for thirds but these were on limited supply and the pouch dried up their supply of scallop nads... Kinda like my dried up raisins and sex life. But there's always Popeyes to keep my bed warm... Don't hate, it's not weird to sleep with a box of piping hot fried cheekan to keep warm at night.

Uni. I'm still having nightmares from the Uni snot I had at Kula Revolting Sushi... But this gave me back my confidence and virility...Now, if I can only find that leak in my Japanese blow up doll. Look at this golden nugget of briny nads... It was jammed packed in there like a Jenna Jameson threesome. Tasted like the gonads of the gods... And I wanted more salty sweet jizzlobbery in my mouth. Just squirt it in my facehole like shooting the water pistol into the clown's mouth game at the carnival. Jesus, this is getting obscene... Hide yo kids and hide yo wives... And hide the rest of the uni for da pouch.

I have not been disappointed at all with their sushi selection and execution on every visit... It is right up there with the other great sushi joints in town and I love it that it's in Decatur and not in Buckhead... Or else I would rarely go and miss out on some of the best sooshee in town. Goddamnit, I think I over ordered and over ate here again before my other dinner plans... Oh, well, the pouch doesn't get larger by itself... Jesus, I am such a fat disgusting slob and I can't stop consuming mass quantities. I may need intervention, there's a meeting at Popeyes next Wednesday...

Burp.


316 Church St.
Decatur, GA 30030
http://www.brushatl.com/

2 comments:

Pinky said...

#AAE #HGK #2018

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your shrunken zins