Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hajime Revisit

I like this place because it's intown, it's a fuck lot closer than driving to Umaido all the way upstate to bumblefuck Suwanee, USA.. I might as well drive to NYC by then. Ok, I don't just like this place because they're intown, I like it because they're in the old BJ Roosters space and the clueless twits eating in here don't even know an ounce of the bat shit crazy shit that went on in here back in the haaaay day. Ok, besides all that silliness, this ramen joint actually have some tasty vittles... And of course, their claim to fame is the ramen, tonkotsu ramen. It's not the best ramen in all the lands but I do appreciate that they make their own ramen noodles in house and semi-authentic tonkotsu broth. Let's face it, there's no fucking way they are making true tonkotsu from scratch for the volume they are doing... I'm sure they use some "instant help". Because that extra $1 for the rich soup isn't really all that rich. It's not bad by any means but it ain't the gold standard that the pouch measures the tonkotsu by. But I still like it, it's probably the least expensive bowl of ramen in the city but they don't also give that much broth... Based on how much broth the crackers waste at any and all ramen joints, I can see why. If you don't finish all the broth, it's kinda disrespectful, basically it's like a swift kick to their nads. I have been here a handful of times and each visit were all totally acceptable. It's been a few moons since my last visit... Let's see if their food have stood the test of time so far or turned to slop... Hopefully, I don't have to rename this joint to Slurp Slop or Slop Shop... Which sounds cuter?

The menu is still the same... Except sometimes there's an item or two that's off the menu... Like this catch your own protein snack free of charge. This little fucking twat, err, I mean gnat/fruit fly thing would not leave me the fuck alone to cry myself to sleep in the corner. Lil fucker just kept fucking with me, making fun of my muffin top.. So, I caught the annoying motherfucker under the water glass. You're fucking mine, now, bitch.

I was playing the cup and ball game with it, no, not that cup the ball game.. The other game, that shell game with the water glass and moving it around but I accidentally smushed it... Oh, well. Let's play the mistor Miyagi game! First one to pick it up and eat it, wins! ...Shit, this is a game where the winners are the losers... I fucking suck at life. Let's just eat...

Takowasa Don. I wanted something raw and natural, now, after that mini protein snack. The octopus was a bit slimy and fishy but the wasabi kinda covered most of it... Just mix it into the rice. I'm like a fucking hobo finding shit in the garbage and mixing different spoiled crap up... I can't even do eating right... What a lew zer. Ok, skip this shit, not worth it even for $4... Spend it on the extras because they fucking charge you extra for every goddamn thing... Even for a lil hot sauce/paste. 

Tori Karaage. I wanted to get the Tebasaki (wings) but they're always "Cook time Too long"... So, I settled for the regular karaage. My previous visits yielded some incredible specimens, crispy as hell and juicy as a horny Catholic school girl... This visit was just ok, it was still tasty but it wasn't as crunchy and juicy inside. I still ate the fuck outta it, let's not kid ourselves here.

Tonkotsu Ramen, extra rich for an extra dollar. Where the fuck is the broth, yo?! I paid for extra rich, so I expect to see some more broth. And look at the size of that piece of FAT slab on that roasted pork belly thinger... I mean they give you two fucking slices and half of it is pure fat. But the server was nice enough to exchange it for a real piece of pork with meat on it, good job, skank. Tasted the broth... Meh, it's ok, it's acceptable but it ain't rich, it ain't sticky, it was kinda watery... Nothing like when it opened. The broth was pretty average this time around... But the ramen noodles were nice and toothy, too bad the broth wasn't as rich as it should be so that it would coat the noodles better when slurping it up to your facehole. For $11, I would prolly be suckered into getting it again... Because of the intown location. Maybe I should just brave the OTP cracker ass tourists at PCM and pay the extra couple bucks for Ton Ton's rich tonkotsu... Yeah, that requires some thinking ahead and weighing the options when dealing with PCM... Looks kinda bleak.

Honey Miso Ramen, extra menma. This bowl has impressed me before, so, it was time to try it again and see if it will tickle the back of my throat again with their noodle in my mouth. The sweetness from the honey and miso, along with the corn kernels delivered like it has before. The slices of roasted bellied pork were spot-on in this bowl, just the right amount of fat to meat ratio. It's a pretty decent bowl. Needs more broth, though... Don't be those goddamn frugal Asians.

Menma. Extras are extras... Always ask for the extras on the side. If you don't ask for it on the side, they will chintz out on you and put like 5 slices of menma in your bowl to give it the illusion that it's full... Fuck that noise, get it on the side and they will put a shitload of it in a bowl like this... I like the menma here, even though it's prolly from a giant vacuumed sealed bag. Remember, extras are fucking extras up in this piece, so choose wisely like the grail.

It wasn't the best visit this time around but it was still pretty satisfying, the grub will fill you up and make you feel good and sleepy... You just have to be selective when ordering on this menu. Some things seems to be hit or miss, nothing is god awful but just not as good as it once was... Maybe it was just this day, maybe they were hung over as shit. Who knows, just don't stick your dick and pee in my tonkotsu, I really don't want extra rich dick cheese. But I would come back for a quick fix. Oh, they also have booze, so that would bring me back also... I miss Rooster's BJs up in this piece.

2345 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE #101
Atlanta, GA 30324

1 comment:

Pinky said...

Did you download the McRib Finder app?