Wednesday, October 19, 2016

J's Mini Hot Pot Deluxe

The old "New" Mini Hot Pot that was here before which seemed like forever was just ok, it wasn't bad but nothing stood out for me in quality and taste to put it on my rotation. Shit, hot pot, shabu shabu or whatever else you wanna call it is such a no brainer that even a retard can do it at home for pennies on the dollar... And all in the comforts of your pajamas. After eating a huge cauldron of liquid, meat, veggies and noodles, you just want to hibernate in your food coma state for the rest of the day. Now, a new hot pot owner has taken over the space... By J and it's no ordinary hot pot, it's now, DELUXE. I don't know how deluxe a hot pot joint can be, unless they're using real kobe or mishima wagyu beef... But that would just be a waste of premium meat in a hot pot. The space is modern with bright colors and it gives you the feel that it's clean... It's very cartoonish in a fobby kinda way. Ok, I'm curious about their slop now... Let's go get bloated and be hungry in two hours.

Cornucopia of shit in a bowl. Don't let visual of abundance fool ya... The bottom is fucking loaded with two and a quarter handfuls of cabbage. But this bowl of crap is more than enough ruffage for one person... Even a great big fat person like the pouch.

Beef Bone Broth, spicy. I got suckered in like a douchebag with ordering the spicy broth for an extra $2... First of, this broth wasn't even spicy, I think they just threw in some tomato paste and Valentina Salsa Picante. I coulda just made my broth spicy for free with all the hot sauces/paste at the sauce bar. Not only am I a fat fuck, I am also smart as a bag of hammers... And I want my two dollars back! What's that turd doing in my broth... It looked a possum took a deuce nugget in there but the Le Creuset hot pot was cute, though... Don't forget to mix up your favorite blend of sauces to dip your meat in.

Setting up shop. Just start loading the cauldron with shit from the bowl to give it some flavor. Then the meats and shit. And proceed to shovel that slop into your facehole.

Pork Belly and Squid. The slices of pork belly and squid looked pretty fresh and tasted good.

Angus Brisket and Ribeye. The fancy cuts will cost you a few dollars more.

Beef Sirloin and Fish Cakes. The fish cake and beef combo works nicely as well.

The place looks modern, hip and clean... That should bring in the gwailos because they're scared of authentic ethic joints. The entire set up is fun and not scary to foreigners. Just go in and stuff your fat face. It ain't rocket science but it ain't a culinary destination, either. It's just fun for shits and giggles... And bring your cracker friends, they will love it and makes them feel like a world traveler.

4897 Buford Hwy NE #160
Chamblee, GA 30341
http://www.jsminihotpot.com/

3 comments:

Pinky said...

Please review Arby's pork belly sandwich for your original one fan.

Anonymous said...

Pinky, you might enjoy this review, granted it lack's the FCL flair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvJVGIxYvos

~mindspringyahoo

Pinky said...

Anonymous, I had to stop watching it halfway thru. Then I watched all the other reviews. Why do I feel like I need to try it now? Ugh. Wish FCL would...